Late Period On Nuvaring: Could I Be Pregnant???

I've been on Nuvaring since May. My June period was really late in the month (didn't show until the 28th) but after that I've had no problems. Last month my period started on the 18th and lasted until the 25th. This month it still hasn't showed. I just took out the Nuvaring today so does anyone have any thoughts as to whether it will be randomly late again or if I'm pregnant. I don't really think I have any pregnancy symptoms (although I have been really tired lately, but I've also been really busy). I've taken two pregnancy tests; the first one was negative but after a few hours a shadow of a line showed up which could make it a postive. I took another test today and it was negative. Any thoughts??? I can't stand waiting another 4 days to figure this out!!!

leighlily

Asked by leighlily at 12:47 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My tests would do that on Nuva ring too. I did get pregnant on it, but the hormones from it made me miscarry right away.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:52 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Do not put in a new ring and go to the doctor and have them do a blood test to be sure.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:04 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• my doc suggested just leaving in the nuvaring until the next period started.. that way the hormone had a full amount of time to, well, come off the ring, i guess... i always got mine early...
    it might just be because the hormone is still too high in your body to produce your period... it wouldn't hurt to go to the doc for a blood test though.. everyone is different...
    hopefully this all makes sense, because i'm very very tired.. ;-)
    katatrinakay

Answer by katatrinakay at 8:59 AM on Dec. 27, 2009