Do you think teens who get tickets shouldn't be able to get their license back until they are 18?

I'm not saying all teens are irresponsible. I'm just saying, the ones who want to race, pack six kids in the car, drive with alcohol in the car, and drive how ever they want. If they get in trouble with the police, should they not be allowed to get their license back until they are 18?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• They shouldn't get there license back until they get some common sense

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:02 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• depending on the ticket, i think a suspension should be made for everyone-not just teens. some people just realy need to have more of a consequence than just a fine. as in my dh...hes had way too many chances. grrr!
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:18 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• yes-for the benefit of others on the road-I cannot stand the way they drive-it is dangerous and the dumb ones shouldn't be on the road-if that was the case new drivers might be more cautious. My 65 year old mother was walking the other day and a teen on his cell phone in a truck came inches from hitting her. She said she had to RUN to get out of the way and he never even noticed her. She said if she didn't run he would have hit her.
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 3:17 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• No
    I got a speeding ticket when I was 16. No harm done. Nothing more than speeding. Adults get speeding tickets all the time, should they get their license taken away too??
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:24 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I think it would depend on the kid. I never got any speeding tickets, but I got a warning ticket, I told my parents, they didn't really seem to care. (it was for going 60 in a 55...). If it is something small I don't think they should lose their license for that long.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 27, 2009