Do you think if molestation was punishable by death, there would be less occurences?

Would some of them think twice if they got the gas chamber for it?
Someone I know was just arrested for it and he victimized four little boys we know who are lacking a male roll model. He fed off their weakness and took advantage of them. It's so disgusting. Why do we pay taxes to keep those people alive. They ruin lives.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have no idea, I think anyone who sexually abuses a child ought to just be killed and dumped somewhere. They're disgusting and worthless. But I know here where I live they have programs in place that help those wastes of air get jobs and things like that when they get out of jail, good people everywhere are laid off and no one helps them find jobs, but let's help the molesters. That's our tax dollars at work!

aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:10 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• No I do not think any consequences are sever enough to make these people stop committing these heinous crimes. I also believe many of these offenders feel they are above the law or justify their crimes in their minds. In my opinion people that commit sexual based crimes are also not able to be rehabilitated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• That, or they would start killing off the children that they molest so that they save their own asses.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 1:15 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I don't know if it would deter them. I do know it would keep them from molesting more children if they were dead instead of just a registered sex offender.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• My cousin molested me when I was 8 or 9 and it didn't stop until my grandfather's death when I was 10.5 and that was partially because the rest of the family decided to sell his house. Did I frow up hating him!? I didn't even know what had he done to me until I was 13 or 14 and that was only because Montel Williams had women on the show who were survivors of rape or sexual abuse!!! I do not think killing them would solve anything! They are men with deep seeded issues who need mental help. It has to do with the mind not impulses(most cases, but not all!!!). My cousin passed 2yrs ago, he fell off a roof on a job. It hurt me because my cousin died and he left behind a fiance and a baby girl. At times I was worried about his daughter but left it for God to deal with. I do not trust people because I went through this but that was a part of my life I would not change because I saw that all men or boys are good! I just wish I knew..
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:58 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• then what I know now because I would have said something and forced my mother to get me into therapy!!! Oh well, a dollar short and a day late!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:59 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• He should have been stopped, I don't even think YOU get it. It really does screw you up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Ew.. you KNEW someone who molested children? Hopefully they weren't a close acquaintance...

and YES, I believe molestation should be punishable by death.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:04 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• It wouldn't deter them a bit. The death penalty has not done a thing to lessen crime in our country. It has cost us more and innocent lives have been taken and many more have nearly been killed when they were in fact innocent. Not worth the risk for anyone to be put to death.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Do you have statistics to prove that the death penalty never reduced crime? Especially since it is hardly even used anymore?
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 2:24 AM on Dec. 27, 2009