Hairstylist is not allowed to be around children!@#

So I found out there is a woman who works for our company who is on parole and is not allowed to be around kids. So she can't take kids for cuts. Which means she can't be alone in the salon, nor can she open or close the place.Last I checked, if we couldn't do all parts of the job we couldn't work there. Some people say they can't close, some say they don't do perms, and they get told do it or don't work here. Isn' t this discrimination in a way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• Discrimination? yes.... but hey...this is America. We fight for our right to be hypocritical in this nation. Even my husband (who is a Staff Sergeant in the Army...82nd Airborne) is aware of this sad truth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Report her for parole violation - if she's really not supposed to be near kids, that means she shouldn't be in the salon when ANYONE is cutting a kid's hair, not that she can't work on kids. She need a job in a child-free environment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Everyone deserves a second chance, just be glad you have a job and move on with it, life isn't fair you just have to be thankfull to have a job in these crazy days, pretty much any job you get these days there will be that one person or thing about it you don't like.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:56 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Most paroled people HAVE To have a job as their parole agreement. Odds are teh boss and the parole officer KNOW the whoie story. Just let the woman work
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:28 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Wow, she's working in a family salon. Maybe she needs to go to a more adult salon where they don't welcome kids. And parole does not require you to have a job,my brother was jobless for two years on it!. How would you know. We should move on? It's not like I'm complaining about her getting all the good shifts, it's illegal to have a cosmetology license in our state if you are convicted of a violent felony. You wouldn't feel like she deserved a second chance if it was your child that got hurt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Well, I, too, had a similar situation in my salon. Someone called me anonymously to report it. I in turn reported it to the company and viola... they were let go within a week of that conversation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Just because she can't be around children does not mean the crime was against a child. The parole officer and the boss have to communicate. If the boss was ok with hiring her then you should be too. Give this person a chance. How is she suppose to be a better person if no one lets her try. People like you is why America is turning into a crap hole.
    Anonymous