i need your help?what do you think?

before posting, i searched through abortion posts on here and did research.. but i still dont know what i want to do.

I am almost 6 weeks pregnant and cant decide on abortion.

I ask myself do i want this baby.. i think No, i have alot of reasons for not wanting this baby.. but part of me will just feel guilty if i do get rid of it. i just dont want to regret it.

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ultimately the decision is yours, obviously. But I think if you have any doubt that you will regret it, you might not want to abort. Then again, I don't know your entire life story/situation. :]
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• from experience (not abortion experience), people on here can be VERY mean. I have a girl friend who was in your position approx 2 years ago and ended up having an abortion and I know that today she thinks about it every day and regrets her decision, however, at the time it was the right decision for her.

I'm not condoning abortion, I personally would never do it, but it is up to you and your personal situation. You can't rely on the comments you recieve from a web page to help you make your decision.

I know you have a tough road ahead of you, but no one can make this any easier for you or make the decision for you.

I hope I'm not being harsh or mean. I'm just saying, I would never do it and this is not a decision we can help you make.

Good luck on your path.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I would post ads on adoption sites, newspapers, etc. and find potential parents for the baby, that way you are not killing your child. There are a lot of people that cannot have children of their own and want the ability to adopt a newborn baby. You could be giving somebody else the greatest gift ever. There is always another alternative to taking an innocent life. If you think you will regret it now, you will be miserable later. Either keep the baby yourself or give the gift of a child to somebody who dreams of nothing else.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:22 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Honestly if you are have doubt about your feelings now, then chances are you'll regret it (I would think, anyways). What if you go through the pregnancy and in the end if you feel like you don't want the baby then give him/her up for adoption; that way you have a chance to change your mind about keeping the baby or not.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 2:28 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I think if you didnt want a baby then you shouldn't have had sex. Im not in any way trying to be rude here but it's the truth. Women like myself would give a limb to have a child or another child & you just wanna "get rid" of yours.?! it has a heart beat now, give it up for adoption atleast!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I am posting anon because there are parts of my past that I want to stay there, but I think my story might help you to understand your choices better.

I am 24 years old. I have been married for 3 years and am the mother of 5 children. Only one of them is living, a beautiful 21 month old little girl. I'm expecting another in May.

I got pregnant at 17 and lost the baby. I got pregnant just before my 19th birthday (BCP failure), a pregnancy that was killing me. My doctor recommended abortion because I was in so much pain and so bad off overall that I couldn't even walk into my doctor's office, I had to be carried. Another pregnancy 9 months later with the same results. And another just before I turned 21, after my IUD failed (taking it out ultimately caused the miscarriage).

Losing these children still hurts. I still remember the situations vividly. It doesn't go away, even if nobody knows. I ache for the children who will...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• It is not a good idea to abort unless you have absolutely no hesitation about it. Otherwise it will ruin you. Just do adoption. You'll feel better about it and I'm sure your baby will appreciate it.

That's my unbiased opinion.

I personally would NEVER abort...IMO

Good luck.
    AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 2:32 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Anon :30 cont

never be born. Even though I was on birth control and had condoms fail, even though my life was in danger (or at least my doctor thought it was, I suppose it can't be proven 100% since I'm still living)... I wish I had made a different choice.

Having my daughter was one of the best feelings in the world. Holding a child after feeling a loss like that... it makes all the difference. I've talked the details over with DH, and he knows that now, even with my life in danger, I could never make that choice again.

I thought that instead of going the standard route of "it's your choice" or "abortion is murder", I'd tell you what it's like from the inside... and that every woman I know on this side feels at least some of this same pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I had one about 11 yrs ago and I gotta tell you, I do not regret it. I had a very young baby, was going through a horrible time with their dad and it was just the best thing for all involved. I see everything my poor daughter has had to go through because of her dad in her 12 years of life and I just could not imagine putting 2 kids through that, one is bad enough. it can be very difficult - not impossible - to be a single mom, a lot of sacrifices and a lot of tears, but at the same time, when she graduated from elementary, I was so incredibly proud of us because we made it without him. I'm married with two other little ones, I got lucky enough to find a man who loves her the way a real dad should.

are you going to have help from your family? will you be able to afford taking the time off work to have the baby? how involved / helpful will the dad be? just a few things to think about, best of luck !
    suej27

Answer by suej27 at 2:42 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Hun if you are having regrets about it now, then chances are you will have regrets about it later.Adoption is always THE best for everyone including you, Because though you may miss the child you will always know in your heart you did what was best for them, and not just yourself...
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 2:45 AM on Dec. 27, 2009