Help! I need a cure for morning sickness & tips about having to pee all the time!

Morning sickness is hitting me hard and it seems nothing will help! My stomach isn't empty, but I still feel sick and I'm sick all day!

I pee like 3 to 4 times before I actually fall asleep. But in the middle of the night I will wake up to pee over 5 times. There probably isn't anything I can do but I'm looking for tips because when I wake up to pee it takes me about a hour to fall back asleep.

Thank you!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i never had morning sickness, or urgency to pee. but small meals will help you, and so will eating snacks. i used to snack on peanut butter crackers during the day. and clear sodas (sprite, 7up, sierra mist, etc).
    as for the peeing-dont drink before bed, and are you really peeing? or getting the urge to pee and not doing anything when you get to the toilet? you are going to have to train your bladder.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 2:29 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• My OB's solution that works wonders and I have posted it on here many times....

1 over the counter Unisom and 1/2 of a B6 tablet...

works wonders....GOOD LUCK and Congrats on the new addition.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Trust me I am snacking all the time trying to get rid of being sick. And I am actually peeing that many times. Its awful but pregnancy is differant for everyone lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I've been lucky and have never had morning sickness, a friend of mine had it super bad and I sent her those bracelets they sell for motion sickness, worked wonders ! as far as the peeing goes ... yeah, nothing really you can do except maybe stop drinking a couple of hours before bed, I sleep like a log when preggers so I can't help you much there, sorry !! congrats btw
    suej27

Answer by suej27 at 2:31 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Thank you for all the congrats! Makes me so happy!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Congrats on the bundle of joy even though it is making your body crazy. The morning sickness is a problem I have big time. My first pregnancy I spent the first 4 months on the bathroom floor. They had to give me a prescription so that I could get some nutrition from my food, it worked well enough. For the peeing you need to drink a lot during the day and stop about 2 hours before bed that will make it less often. I would talk to your doctor that was the only way to relieve my sickness. Good luck I hope you feel better soon.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:50 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I have had 3 pregnancies with severe morning sickness- the thing that helps the most is ginger! raw sugared ginger from the health food store-it is gross but works great! B6 will help but ginger is instant relief. Ginger lolly pops work too. Peeing is something you will have to get used to unfortunately but do not quit drinking at any time. Your body will feel better and you will have less nausia when hydrated with water! Avoid caffinated beverages and pop-even if it is decaf. It will compound the problem :) congrats and I hope this helps!
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 2:53 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Salty food like saltines and pickles help with nausea. As for the peeing...well you just have to get use to it.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 4:47 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• i could never even keep ginger down....
    saltines might help a little.. i heard that the unisom and b-6 work the best...
    nothing really worked for me.......... :(
    good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I puked for 9 mo straight, every day, sometimes twice a day. I tried EVERYTHING & NOTHING works. Dr tried 3 different rxs, NOTHING worked. My (sarcasm) wonderful MIL suggested every fn day "Drink some lemon in some water", yeah that doesn't work either. I finally just had to resign myself to the fact that I was gonna be sick & miserable the whole time. Hopefully you'll find something that works for you. Have you tried the ginger chews yet? You can get em at like GNC. Peppermints, the hard candy & tea. Small meals, crackers, pb...good luck!!!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 27, 2009