leaking amniotic fluid? tmi

i went to the bathroom earlier and when i peed it kinda felt like a gush come out, but i really didnt see anything in the toilet. when i wiped it was ALOT of discharge. then i used the bathroom again a few hours later and i wiped and there was alot of discharge again...could this just be discharge or amniotic fluid? i have a doctors appt in 4 days...should i wait or go to the hospital? oh i am 36 weeks pregnant

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 2:35 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could be your mucus plug?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I would call your doctor and see what they say they are on call for this kind of reason, and if you are still concerned go into labor and delivery and have them do a swab and test it. It can be dangerous if you wait too long and it is broken.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:46 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I would personally to to L&D and have them do that swab to see if it was fluid. Takes about 2 mins that is it.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:17 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• they say that you should put on a pad, and if you fill up the pad within an hour, then it's probably time to go have a baby....
    but if you're worried, just go in.......
    katatrinakay

Answer by katatrinakay at 8:50 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Sounds more like discharge, but I agree about the pad thing. I was filling a pad every 20 minutes or so when my water broke. I had a false alarm with discharge thinking my water had broken, so I can understand where you're coming from. If you're till not certain, go in, and they can test it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:20 PM on Dec. 27, 2009