• In the Spotlight:

i need some advice i have been having this pain now for about 2 weeks

okay on and off everday i get this pain in my chest and it feels like its where my heart is and its not heart burn but this pain comes outta no where and it hurts really bad mli told me it is growing pains and since it hapens everyday in the same spot and no where else im starting to think its not that and some one said it could be a heart attack but it if is that then that means im having one every day but i dont know what it is and i havent been to the doc im real bad at the doc and making appts cuz everytime i have pain or sick when i go there im fine and nothings wrong but as soon as i leave whatever is wrong wit me comes back but this pain is a sharpe pain about 3-4 inches from my breast bone or the middle of my ribs and can last any where from 1 min-25 mins any advise what it can be and what are the signs for a heart attack????

myangelelena

Asked by myangelelena at 3:18 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Health

• Ive been gettting that pain for YEARS. IDK what it could be. Just call your dr.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:20 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Chest discomfort or pain This discomfort or pain can feel like a tight ache, pressure, fullness or squeezing in the center of your chest lasting more than a few minutes. This discomfort may come and go.
    Upper body pain Pain or discomfort may spread beyond your chest to your shoulders, arms, back, neck, teeth or jaw. You may have upper body pain with no chest discomfort.
    Stomach pain Pain may extend downward into your abdominal area and may feel like heartburn.
    Shortness of breath You may pant for breath or try to take in deep breaths. This often occurs before you develop chest discomfort.
    Anxiety You may feel a sense of doom or feel as if you're having a panic attack for no apparent reason.
    Lightheadedness You may feel dizzy or feel like you might pass out.
    Sweating You may suddenly break into a sweat with cold, clammy skin.
    Nausea and vomiting You may feel sick to your stomach or vomit.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:22 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Heart attack symptoms vary widely. For instance, you may have only minor chest pain while someone else has excruciating pain.

One thing applies to everyone, though: If you suspect you're having a heart attack, call for emergency medical help immediately. Don't waste time trying to diagnose heart attack symptoms yourself.
    Mrs.Owen86

• Women may have all, none, many or a few of the typical heart attack symptoms. For women, the most common heart attack symptom is still some type of pain, pressure or discomfort in the chest. But women are more likely than are men to also have heart attack symptoms without chest pain, such as:

Neck, jaw, shoulder, upper back or abdominal discomfort
    Shortness of breath
    Nausea or vomiting
    Abdominal pain or "heartburn"
    Sweating
    Lightheadedness or dizziness
    Unusual or unexplained fatigue
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:23 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• My gall bladder made me think I had heart problems for years. Sharp pain, hurt to take a breath, sometimes light headed. I even wore one of those monitors that is connected to some network where you click a button when you feel the tightening but it never registered. Found out years later its my gall bladder, the opening is too small.
    Lullababy

Answer by Lullababy at 5:37 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Stress can cause it to occur, panic attacks and you not even know it..
    As someone said, gall bladder as well but seems like that would hurt more under your right side ribcage.
    I would go in and at least let your doc check you out and maybe even get a comprehensive metabolic panel done.
    Good luck.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 1:57 AM on Dec. 29, 2009