Potty training vs sheet changing...

So my daughter is only 11 1/2 months old.. she's going to start potty training next month.. she's getting a potty for one of her birthday presents.. I'm curious on how many of you guys experienced changing the sheets on the toddler bed while potty training.. i know there are pull ups and night time stuff to use.. but i also know my husband and i were both late to get fully trained.. i have probably 4 sets of sheets and one of the waterproof pads... should i get more pads or more sheets? How many times if any did you have to change the sheets a month, other then just to keep them clean?

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 3:33 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That is a bit early to train. She may not want to do it. You cant force it.
    I personally wouldnt worry about all those sheets I would just get the over nights.
    My son stopped going at night when he was 2 and was trained by 3. He just wasnt ready and didnt like the idea but once he was ready he was trained with in a week
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:34 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• That is a little soon to start potty training. Is there a reason you are starting it now?
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:34 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• She's smart and she's been picking stuff up and like wiping her diaper with it when its dirty so i think she's ready... plus she's always in the bath room when i go so might as well sit her down too
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 4:28 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• You can try but most kids do not day time and night time potty train at the some time I would work on one at a time day time first then naps then night time.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:46 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I would wait at least a year before trying to potty train.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 10:00 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• when we potty trained we kept using diapers at night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• We use pull ups at night, they are almost always dry, so we just call them night underwear. I'd rather not have to bathe my child an change sheets in the middle of the night as a lesson in training.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 27, 2009