MIL Christmas Present? WTF?

Ok, last year we got everyone *even adults christmas presents, they did nothing, not even an apology (they had talked about it w/o calling us that it would be just for the kids that year, ok, honest mistake) this year i called and asked, thy said it would be for everyone. My DD has a cousin thats 1 month ynger than her and is oviously the fav. she got like 10-15 presents and my DD got 1 toy a coat thats 3 sizes too big and a doll she already had 2 of. my hubby on the other hand got over $100 dollars of southpole clothes form his mom alone, and his sister got him a 60$ hoodie. what do they give me? at the last min, becuas ei got his mom a seperate present, she goes into her room and pulls out a dollar stor bag and hands me an obviously opened parfume box, in front of everyone. we even heard a few ppl laughin. *Im not the family fav*
Should i get them something next year too??? theres 15 of them and im kind of hurt by this.

shortycmlb

Asked by shortycmlb at 3:49 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Well you have to stand up for yourself. Dont allow your MIL to make a mockery out of you. Dont get her anything for any special occasion or holiday. She obviously doesnt appreciate you. My in-laws are funny towards me too, but I dont even give them room anymore. Remember that you do have control over situations like that . If your MIL is a bitch then its best to just stay away, and be kind from a distance.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 4:25 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• What does you husband say to all of this? Does he allow the obvious disrespect? He needs to talk to her about her treating his kid and his wife so poorly. This is terrible behavior and I am the type of person to say something then never have contact with them again, my hubby and daughter could if they wanted to but I would refuse.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:56 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• he allows it and asked me what i wanted him to do about it. i said i didnt know, because i dont know what to do. its not the first time, but im clueless.....im thinking of jjust cutting all ties, but were almot like that as it is. we recently moved and have lived in our new home for 3 months, theyve come over 2x. one, her declaration, 1 of her bday party. Thats it. so i dont think that will bother them much.
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 3:59 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• sugahmamma, my hubbys fam is mainly spanish, although i understand ALOT and am taking conversational street spanish classes i rely on him to do most of the translations and its hard for him to go back and forth, so we quit after a while.
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 4:30 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Let me guess, you are Caucasian? My MIL is Latino.

For some reason (old school) Hispanics don't like nor allow family to date/marry outside the race. That may be your MIL issue, you think?

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 4:41 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• i know! lol. your right on the dot. in fact, when i was pregnant 3 mos, preggo, they told him to go cheat on me and go to a party to check n see if he was sure he didnt want to just pay child support and leave me. he told them to f*** off. his sisters are like, 25 and 22 and i asked them if their inlaws did that to them and they said it didnt matter. lol. i just dont know what to do or what my options are anymore. ive tried alot but i need advice...
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 4:53 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• In that case honey I would say sorry we are done. He needs to be as angered as you, you are his wife the mother of his child he needs to grow a pair and stand up for his nuclear family. They need to f off. What horrible mean people, and I wouldn't hesitate to tell them that they are mean and horrible.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:18 AM on Dec. 27, 2009