Any non-practicing alcoholics out there?

how are you getting through this season??? i'm going insane-

Hali_Taylor

Asked by Hali_Taylor at 4:52 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• get counceling if you need to
    My dad is an alcoholic. I am probably a controlled alcololic if there is such a thing. Alchol was the center of my life for years before having my son. I still LOVE to drink, but it is pretty rare that I do since I have limited self control when I start and I refuse to have my son grow up in a mean drunkin household like I do. IT is a daily choice. But I would love to go out to the bar, and it often bugs me not doing so. But I know that if I do I will drink too much.
    Good luck. And good for you for stopping!! Life growing up with my dad was hell, and affects me to this day. He is now dying due to his alcoholism.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:59 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Well it's called recovering from alcohol, the name is AA, just to let you know. I think if you are trying to stop drinking you should go to a meeting, they are located everywhere in every state today.If you happen to live in a rare place that doesn't there is a hot line # for AA & NA. NA IS For drug abuse , AA is for alcohol abuse.Someone is always available at the hotline #.It's on the White Meeting pamphelet.The world service office # is 818-773-9999. They are out of California but can give you info. too.there is ALLOT of literature for you to read and it's (some of it's) free if you go to a meeting.People are totally awsome at the meetings and if you belong there it could be the missing peice of life for you.Many aa members live sober for years, some never touch a drop of alcohol again, but you won't know till you check it out.Good Luck and best wishes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• MEETINGS, MEETINGS, MEETINGS, alone we can't together we can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:42 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I would go to meetings it you are having a hard time. Support will carry you through.
    jalex

Answer by jalex at 7:49 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I don't understand why people get so stressed about Christmas anyway. Enjoy the season instead of getting stressed. You don't need alcohol to get through a time that is suppose to be about kindness. Refocus and do something for someone else. Go serve a meal at the homeless shelter, volunteer to help clean something up. Use your time to help. It will keep you busy and make you feel good about something you did instead of being down about being an alcoholic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Dec. 27, 2009