Toddler sleep question

My 16 month old son refuses to go to sleep unless we rock him to sleep in our arms, then manage to put him in his crib without waking up. This is getting REALLY old. Any suggestions? We're not CIO parents.
Also, he requires this when he wakes during the night, and eventually ends up in our bed. What has worked for you guys with this stuff? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 5:12 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well my son is 3. He still likes to have "sleepovers" in mommy and daddys bed. We let him. Its not a big deal.

I guess we're lazy though. We just don't wanna deal with the crying if we kicked him out.

I figure he won't graduate high school still sleeping in my bed so I don't really care much.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• With my children bed time is bed time. Once I know that they are full, clean and safe, they go to bed and I dont let them out of bed. I started this at the age of one with mine They dont even question if mommy will let them out. . Give it a week/week and a half and your child will get the point. At this age everything is testing reactions. They will remember one little thing you let him get away with a week ago if you dont stay consistent. I know it is hard to hear them cry but if they are not hurting and only trying to get out of sleeping alone then its okay for them to cry. :) It will give you alone time at night and after he gets used to it you will have peace of mind. :)
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 7:44 AM on Dec. 27, 2009