Need so weight loss tips

I dont want to hear " eat 7 - 8 meals a day" or " eat a huge salad before each meal" and I dont want a copy and paste guide of the food pyrmid.
I want real advice that can actually help.
I dont eat to much because well I am just not hungry that often and I dont eat when I am not hungry. I drink water mainly. I walk ALOT. I just stopped my BC because being on that I ended up gaining way more weight. I just need so real life tips on how to try to lose weight.
Im 5 ft 9 and weight 265 :(
Id LOVE to get back down to 165 like I was in High school. I have had 2 kids so it is getting rough. I have a slow matablizim ( SP ) and it is really hard for me to lose weight.
Please if anyone can give real tips and advice to help drop the weight it would be great.
Thank you so much in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I understand your frustration, I also need to lose some weight. I start using sparkpeople.com and do really well for awhile and then my motivation leaves. I start going to the gym, but it gets boring. The weather is getting bad so it seems harder for me to get out of the house.
    How old are your children? Are there activities you can do together? I was very successful with a family style tai kwon do program for a couple years ~ then we moved. Good luck! I hope you get some answers you find helpful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Need SOME** not so .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• It sounds as if your metabolism is slow because you don't eat enough. I have a friend who sounds like you - she only eats one meal a day and is over 250 lbs. When the body does not get enough calories it holds onto calories and stores than as fat. Eating calories burns calories - this is one reason eating breakfast is so important. The body needs fuel to help it burn calories efficiently throughout the day.

The best advice I can give you is to keep a food diary and track your calories. Sparkpeople.com can help you with some of the answers you are seeking.

PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:20 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Try the Adktins diet or any low carb diet, it is a diet for fast weight loss, and if you cheat you will gain weight but if you follow it to the letter, you will skrink in inches and never be hungry. This is not a long time life diet, because your body needs carbs, but it will work great for a few months, then you gradually add carbs slowly so you don't gain it all back. Get yourself the Dr. Adtkins diet revolution, it works like a charm.

Answer by older at 8:57 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• You definately need to start eating more, and more of the right kinds of foods that will fuel your body. You need to eat within the first 1/2 hour after you get up in the morning. You need to eat a healthy carb for your brain and a protein to balance and keep you feeling full, and a fruit. You should eat about 3 hours later a carb protein and veg then repeat again in 3 hours then again in another 3 hours eat a carb and protein then in about 3 hours eat carb protein veg and fruit then later that evening if you are still hungry eat veg or fruit and only drink water and alot of it throughout the day. That will give you a breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. Good luck I am in the same boat as you, you are not alone.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:23 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• You must be eating more calories than you need even though you say you don't eat much. I would spend 2-3 days writing down everything you eat. Some people however end up fooling" themselves and not recording everything without realizing! Anyway with this you can use something liek nutridiary.com to see how many calories you are actually eating and compare it with what you NEED.

This article for calories: http://www.eating-naturally.com/home/category/calories

That's a start to the problem. Hope it helps.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• you need to eat not alot but something at brakfast i drink a carnation instant breakfast it does wonders and it jump startes my body for the day. and as for weight loss well the jey is cardio i HATE cardio i think its a dirty word but 3 times week 30 mins of cardio and wow it does get results . i havea gym membership its $10 a month at a place called planet fittness i plug in to my ipod and just do my cadio i count it down not up so that im like omg i have 10 mins left i can do this i have 8 left i cna do this i have left i can do this and when it gets reallys hard i say ouot loud to my self i have survived labor i cant let a work out beat me
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 7:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Since you dont eat alot,maybe break up your meals.I know you dont want to hear eat 3-5 small mini meals a day,but it really works.You have to eat to lose weight,but make sure its the right foods.I run a few times a week,eat as clean as possible and drink plenty of water.My weakness is coffee...I will never give that up lol.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 28, 2009