Equal?

Are we going to look back on this time and realize how wrong we were? 50 years ago (or so) the civil rights movement took place and the phrase separate but equal was proven wrong. Yet this is the same phrase we are using now against homosexuals and them marrying. Why can we not see the similarities? Will it just take another 50 years before we realize our mistakes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Religious views are the ones keeping this from happening. I don't beleive it will take this long for it to happen, we are making strides faster than I ever thought.

Answer by older at 9:34 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Black people got their rights and equality, everything changed and meshed and was fine. (No ebonix, pants below the bums, terribly violent rap music.) NOW, look, major changes since the MTV generation and mid-90's. They are worse off today, with ghetto rap being tolerated, praised, AND AWARDED! We are not allowed to speak up about the lack accountability as a decent human being - meaning speak properly, wear your pants so I don't have to see your bum and underwear, . Higher rate of abortion, worse hit by the recession, ghettos getting more money and NOTHING changes - schools just pushing ebonix through. What about THIS generation???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• WOW, ANON above, just WOW

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:29 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• choices that people make. ~first anon

You mean kind of like those of us who choose to think the gay lifestyle is wrong...this 'tolerance' you speak of works ONE way only...until you can accept that some have a different veiw/outlook nothing will change...there are loads of folks who do not agree with the lifestyle but they dont obsess over it like SOME folks..they live their lives...

Im 35 got alot of years still left in me...what should be done with me and those who have the same veiw as me?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:18 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• so tnmomofive you want there to be tolerance of hatred? Wow, just wow. Oh and being homosexual isn't a lifestyle. Is being heterosexual a lifestyle for you or just who you are?
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:21 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Wow just wow :sarcasm: look purple what I am saying is some have a different veiw then yourself you can call it 'hatred' if you like but just because I think it is wrong doesnt mean it is hatred ..im not out to get any homosexuals..I dont call them names or try to physically harm them nor would I promote such...my best friend said she is Bi sexual years back and even she GETS ITS..she doesnt take issue with my veiw she isnt obsessed with it all..I have never met anyone off line that sounds as some of you ladies on line ...your deffinition of 'tolerance' isnt the true meaning at all...it works one way..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:26 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I agree, tolerance does seem to be a one way street.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:34 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I have to agree, it seems to be that way.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:39 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I am willing to bet that a good chunk of the people that are against equal rights for homosexuals would have voted against equal rights for blacks had they been around at the time. Give it time and keep fighting the good fight and we will see equal rights for ALL very soon.
    Anonymous

• not hardly anon I do not see the civil rights movement of the blacks at all like this homosexual stuff..not at all

I have not voted a thing when it comes to homosexuals ...I live my life and I just havea different veiw then you is all..and im certainly entitled to it no matter how much some moan and gripe and rave on while claiming to be oh so 'tolerant'
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2009