Am I the only one who doesn't care about recycling?

Seems like if I say I throw everything out and recycle nothing, I'm treated like a Leper. There HAS to be others out there like me... maybe even some who SAY they recycle but don't- just so they don't get harassed.

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 10:02 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope your not the only on. I honestly don't give a rats ass about recycling. Its a huge pain in the ass, I have no room in my house for it, and I don't believe in global warming.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I PAY a garbage bill and should be able to throw out whatever I want.

I think it's a pain in the ass to peel off lables, wash out cans, find someplace in my small house to collect the stuff... it's easier to throw it all out and put it out out the curb every week.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:08 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I care about recycling, we just don't get it done. I haven't found the recycling drop off place yet. I really need to check out a map and locate it though. My son is all about recycling and reusing things because he wants to help the planet and the animals on it. I'm all for that and think it's fantastic that he wants to make those kinds of choices. He has definitely got me thinking more about that sort of thing. Just out of curiosity... do you actually not care or do you just not do it?
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 10:10 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• so you don't give a wink about the potential harm to your children and grandchildren ? It is a pain in the ass , It is a hassle a sacrifice.   But even if I am not 100 % sold on the need.   The way I see it , If sorting my garbage can make life easier for the loved ones that come behindme. It is a small pain in the ass !  I love my family enough to do my part !!!!!

freedomthinks

Answer by freedomthinks at 10:20 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I was more for it before I saw the Penn an Teller episode about it and how much pollution they cause recycling the stuff!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I dont care either. IM not going to have 2 trash cans in my kitchen.Im not gonna GO threw my trash and pick out stuff either...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:27 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I don't recycle, either. I'm afraid of getting bugs because of the open bin in the garage, I don't have space for two cans in the kitchen, rinsing everything wastes water, and I don't have any kids to care about the future for.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I don't really recycle. The closest I come to it is that we use canvas bags for groceries. I don't use many things that come in cans (I use frsh fruits and veggies, make and freeze soup for lunches, etc.) and we don't drink soda so having a separate containers for cans is pointless. We tried it and it took 2 YEARS to get 1/4 of a trash bag full of cans. We don't get a newspaper and we don't get much junk mail so there's not a lot of paper trash. If we drank soda, used more foods that came in cans, ate foods that came in plastic trays, etc. then I probably would but we don't use many things that would need recycled any way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Lazines is such a great example for our children. Did I mentipn slothfullness too. Just throw it in a separate bag how difficult is that? Or keep doing what you're doing and let the rest of the world pick up after you. Again, great lessons in laziness to teach your children.
    blundermonkey

Answer by blundermonkey at 10:47 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• well, if you don't want to recycle, why don't you try to reduce the number of recyclable things that you use. You have less waste in your trash and you have less that should be recycled. We pay for our trash and recycling, and truth be told, I would rather take out the recyclables, pain that it is, than contribute to a world of trash all over the place. Never mind global warming, the world has only so much space for people, growing food, trash, etc…do you want your great grandchildren to have their house on top of a landfill because the trash took up so much space that was the only place to build?
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:49 AM on Dec. 27, 2009