what do you do/where do you go when you need a break from your kids?

Today I feel like I'm going to go crazy I actually broke down and cried for a little this morning.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I decide to not be a grouch, and I sit down in the floor with her and play. I stop whatever it is Im doing, turn on silly music and dance and "get the grumpy out". If she is being bad, I put her in timeout for 2 mins and then go upstairs and sit in the quiet and think about ways to turn the situation around. We go outside and I let her run and play while I smoke a cigarette, that way she gets to get some of that energy out and some fresh air and sunlight, and I get my crutch. I come on here and vent,then get up and deal with it.
    chipper87

Answer by chipper87 at 11:25 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Well, if I'm at home and my partner is at work I'll usually lock myself in the bathroom with a book for awhile. If I can leave I go to the coffee shop and read.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 10:13 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• i drop her off at my mom's , i have the best mom in the world. she'll be like i'll take ur husband off ur hands too.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 10:23 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• When my kids where young. They took a nap. I made them take a hour nap. They went to bed at the same time every night 7 days a week. If I got really tired of them between that time I would just make them go play in their rooms.

Answer by louise2 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I pray that nap time comes faster.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I stick her in the room and close the door, then escape motherhood until my sanity returns. On even the worst days, a bubble bath will do the trick.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 11:18 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Whats a break from the kids? I have 8 and we never get a break. Our family all lives in other countries so it is just us. Our kids are all under 10 so if we do find a sitter we have to get 3 of them. We enjoy our family and all the craziness in a few years they will be older and we will have more time and see less of them. I am going to enjoy the insanity while I can.
    Anonymous

• I go out to my sisters, she brings out the snacks, the beverages, and we can sit for hours just visiting!! and when i wanna be alone i'll go take a nap in my room.
    Kynnaboo9

Answer by Kynnaboo9 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Yep, I just stuck it out, it's hard but you will realize they're only little once, then they're off to school. I have more time than I like to myself now and my Hubby thinks I'm crazy. All 3 are in school so I have 8 hours a day to myself and I just mope around. The house is always clean, laundry done, so it's me, my laptop, and the TV. Oh and 2 big dogs, if it weren't for them I wouldn't get out of the house. I take them on walks off and on all day. So have fun with your babies now, because unless you're going to homeschool, they won't be there forever...
    I do help out at school but that never lasts very long, and I choose not to work so I can be there if they need me, sick or otherwise...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• When they were little, my break was when they were taking naps. ;-) I would sit with a book and put on some music and just chill. When they were older, they were in preschool and then regular elementary school. An all-day vreak. LOL. They didn't really drive me that crazy though. Its when they are grown up that they they drive you crazy.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 27, 2009