can you get a car that runs and will last at least a year for $1000

I see on craigslist and things cars under 1000 but you never know if the people are lying to you about "oh this car has never gave any trouble it runs great" Do you think it is possible to get a car under 1000 that does run good???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• doubtful
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:25 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• a year ago i got a 98 dodge grand caravan for $1500. i had to look at a lot of junk before i found a good one. we've had to do a small amount of work on it but not too much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• my husband does it all the time whe had a 300 dollar van last 3.25 years no payments small insurance cost
    you just get a mechanic check it out first
    freedomthinks

Answer by freedomthinks at 10:36 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• i got my truck (i drive a 95 ford explorer) for $60 bucks!!! YES, $60.00. I got it from a friend of mine last year and it still runs awesome. I just need to put new tires on it, and check my oil every week (it has a bad leak) but other than that it's great. Hubby got a honda civic off craigs list. It lasted us about 2 years and we paid $200.00, so it was worth it. If you worried about seeing if it's a scam or not, take somebody with you that knows about cars and have them look at it there BEFORE you buy it :) Good luck!
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 10:48 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• My sons bought cars last December and each cost them $1250 which is about normal for our area for the lowest price for cars. No issues with either car. My 18yo has a '95 Grand Am and my 19yo has a '94 Villager. The Voytager died the other day but not becausse it's a crap car. My son slid on a patch of black ice and ran over a curb & ripped the crap out of the transmission. Had he not done that the car would easily have lasted another few years, it was in great shape.My 18yo has had to do some work on his car but it's decent. It does it's job which is getting him to and from points A and B.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Answered at 9:48 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 by: piercedbeauty21
    i got my truck (i drive a 95 ford explorer) for $60 bucks!!! YES, $60.00. I got it from a friend of mine last year and it still runs awesome. I just need to put new tires on it, and check my oil every week (it has a bad leak) but other than that it's great. Hubby got a honda civic off craigs list. It lasted us about 2 years and we paid $200.00, so it was worth it. If you worried about seeing if it's a scam or not, take somebody with you that knows about cars and have them look at it there BEFORE you buy it :) Good luck!

Ha,my daughter's dad has you beat,he got a Mazada,(can't remember the year of the car,but it was an old car) for $50.00.The car ran great for about 3 years or so after he got it,I mean he had to do a few repairs to it but nothing really too major.And we live in MN,so that car saw some bad Winter weather.
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my youngest (now 2 1/2) we bought a car off Craigslist for $600. It just broke down on the 23rd of this month. So, yeah, you can deff buy a car for $1000 and have it last a year. We spent $600 and got 3 years... Just take someone that knows a little about cars with you to look at them!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:48 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• This is one of my coolest experiences ever - I bought a car at a rummage sale last summer . They wanted $2,300 and I ended up getting it for $1,800. A nice Grand Voyager with perks and it did have 190,000 miles on it, but the repair record was awesome and now it has over 247,000 miles on it. What a deal! I also got one of the best "believe it or not stories ever!
    Focus2me

Answer by Focus2me at 12:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• i once bought a car for 2 cases of beer this dude we all knew had a 88 escort n he wanted beer it had been sitting 3 mths he lost his dr lisc.. i was 17 so i paid for the beer im now 30 and sold it last year for 200 buck i drove the heck outtra it lol
    RavenSwift

Answer by RavenSwift at 12:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2009