What are some ways to help deal with life while on my period?

I am very moody and hurt a lot when my period shows up. Any ideas to help coop?

aprilford2003

Asked by aprilford2003 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Health

• Find something you like to do and do it. Like plant flowers, read a book, take a walk, or just watch a movie. Find some you time.
    LizCu

Answer by LizCu at 12:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• MIDOL is my best friend! it helps with the moodiness, bloating, cramps..... i love it!
    mamaaa01

Answer by mamaaa01 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• A pain killer and chocolate anything.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 12:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Staying active always helped me. A good brisk walk/jog or doing some other kind of calisthetics helped me a ton! It would increase my endorphins causing the "feel good" horomone to release and it also helped to move everything along and get it all out. My periods actually were shorter from doing this.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 12:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I dont know if you are on birth control but I had bad PMS and asked my doctor to switch me to that new one called YAZ and it helps ALOT.
    Nluvwitasailor

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 12:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Chocolate
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Hi.. Before I even get my period, I keep track of it on the calender.. Then the week before, I take a midol and I take prime rose pills.. You can get it a the grocery store in the vitamin ile. I try to excerise just walk and that.. I hope this helps..
    LonelyWolf

Answer by LonelyWolf at 12:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Antidepressants help. Stay in the house, limit interaction with people inside and outside until It's over.
    tellis

Answer by tellis at 1:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Antidepressants, Stay clear from interacting with people inside the house and outside the house.
    tellis

Answer by tellis at 1:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I cramp a lot during my period. I've found the best thing for me is to exercise. The pain goes away completely. The hardest thing is to get up and do it.
    bgblueeyes

Answer by bgblueeyes at 9:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2008