isolated 3 yr old?

my little girl doesnt have any friends.shes 3 and theres no kids around for her to play with and i dont know anybody with kids so im confused i wanna put her in preschool but i cant afford it at the moment ive been to parks but lol as sad as this sounds im not extremley social and the other moms come 2 me bugging me abouyt the silliest stuff lol....what to do i to help my daughter get friends and get over my antisocialness

Asked by ShYmAmA08 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, I think you're at least off to a good start. By visiting local parks and such you're getting both you and your daughter out of the house. Honestly, I'm not that social either, but I try my hardest for my daughter. I joined a local Mom's Club and they have all sorts of activities each month...including play groups! "Mom's Club" is a national organization and there should be something like that in your area. If not, just keep on doing what you're doing.

Do you have a friend with older children or no kids at all that might be willing to spend a day with you while you take your daughter to the park? At least you'll have someone to talk to and your daughter can play with the other children her age.

I'm here if you ever want to talk or would like more suggestions!

Answer by algolden05 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Oh yea, I also take both my girls (ages 3 years and 11 mos.) to the library for storytime. There are other kids there too for them to play with. It's also a good alternative to preschool because they get to do crafts and listen to stories and sing songs. Just another idea.

Answer by algolden05 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Hi shYmAm08, I myself used to be very shy... Luckily for me my kids cured me of that! My girls are in a co-op nursery school. It is cheaper than a regular nursery school and You get the benefit of volunteering (this is what keeps the cost down). So... You get two for one- Your daughter gets to make new friends and so do You. Not only is it beneficial to her but You as well. It's good to have a group of friends that are going thru the same things as You on a daily basis.The school my girls attend is just two mornings a week for 3 year olds and 3 mornings a week for 4 yr olds.

Answer by BethH1225 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I am thinking of two things: a playgroup or mother's club in your area and a house of worship. Churches have vacation bible school, sunday school and nursery. I am sure there is something comparable in all faiths if you a willing to go that route. is a good place to find a mother's group if you aren't adverse to a Chrisitan atmosphere. Also, just plain old going to the park can work. Another thought is to join a homeschool network that has preschooler age. They come in faith based and secular options.

Answer by manna1qd at 1:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2008