can i put a rubber back bath rug in the dryer?

i dont have a hair dryer... also is there aa way i can make it look less used? its so worn out... not dirty old but the carpet on it looks and feels like a high traffic area on a regular home carpet that would be in a bedroom or hallway. thanks! =)

mommykayti

Asked by mommykayti at 10:33 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have a bath mat from bed bath and beyond(not a fancy brand), it has a rubber backing and I wash and dry it everytime a clean the bathroom. Hasn't melted yet.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:13 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I don't think so....the ones that I have all said on the packages not to put them in the dryer, so when I wash them I just hang them to dry. There is a chance the rubber backing will melt. I don't know how you can make it look less used.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I put mine in the dryer on a low setting
    PTBAAMom

Answer by PTBAAMom at 11:37 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• thanks ladies!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:40 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• i dont like taking a chance so i wash them and then lay them outside to dry and it takes less time then the drier if its sunny
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I did put it in the dryer! I worked AWESOME! it looks brand spankin new!!! Thanks SO much!!!!!!!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 1:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I don't put my rubber backed rugs in the dryer. I had one melt on me! YUK! I hang it over the shower curtain bar and let it air dry.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 1:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I have put my rubber backed mats in the dryer before...they didn't melt, but over time, the rubber backing got cracked and worn from the dryer and they started leaving rubber pieces all over.

Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 2:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• You can but it dries out the rubber so one day you will pick it up and find rubber flakes all over your floor and in your washer and dryer. I air dry mine outside. They dry quickly

Answer by admckenzie at 4:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2009