No Global Warming (but there's a god?)

for those who believe global warming is a myth, how is that any different from not believing in a god?

you claim not to see the impact (though it has been proven), so it must be a myth. yet in the next breath claim that god does in fact exist- and your bible, miracles, and faith prove it... then become angry when someone disagrees with the myth you believe is true.

why is that, and how is it any different? (except that GW can be proven)

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 10:49 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I find it funny that you turned global warming in to an "attack" on those that believe in GOD.
    IMO it is no where near the same.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• not an attack dear, it equates to the same, since most xtians do not believe in global warming. they claim that they can not see it, so it does not exist- how is that any different than god?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:58 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• IMO opinoi that is like saying I believe in witchcraft but not unicorns.
    Two completely different things.
    Noone said everyone had to believe either one of those so why not just let people believe what they want. I do see this as an attack in a way. There are many other things you could compare this too but you had to pick GOD
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• you seem very angry and I agree with Mrs. Own you seem to be attacking. I am not going to bite.

just know there are SEVERAL as in MANY Christians who believe in God AND Global Warming. Wiccans believe in Gods and Goddesses and are VERY into the environment and stopping global warming.

I am sorry you are so angry today. Maybe God will send you some cheer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• since most xtians do not believe in global warming. *OK this is only Christians and not all who believe in God. Perhaps you are unaware that many others who are not Christians believe in God.

*Can you give me your source or stat number on "most" Christians? Our church works to save the environment and has so since the early 70's so while there may no be an official stance on Global Warming we certainly agree with protecting the earth God gave us.

they claim that they can not see it, so it does not exist- how is that any different than god? Global Warming and God are different. I am going to agree w/Mrs. Owens again, believing in one does not make the other false or vice verse
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I think you have a little ad hoc reasoning going on here. There is actual recorded evidence and those pesky emails that prove there is no current global warming that can be blamed on the behaviors of man. There is, however, global warming that can be attributed to God. My proof you ask? If you can stand on the ground in, say Virginia, you know there was global warming. It use to be covered by a glacier. Man didn't cause that warming. God did. So, you are trying to prove that if there is no warming then   there is no God or vise verse. What you missed was the faux science was trying to prove man caused the warming. God made the planet and the processes of this planet. He put into place the weather systems and the waxing and waning of the ice. Now, we seem to be cooling. OOPS! That negates that warming thing doesn't it.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I don't believe in God OR Global Warming.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:42 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I don't have a "faith" in global warming at all--whether it is true or not. It might be true; it might not. I don't value the power of "authority" opinions. So it makes no difference to me if a scientist says it is true, when you can find another scientist to say it is not true. I am someone who goes to the doctor and seeks a second opinion. Just because he is smart doesn't mean he is right.

The reason I believe in God is because I know Him personally. He talks to me all the time. He orchestrates events of my life. I don't believe in Him because some man told me to. That is why no man can come in with their "second opinion" and destroy my faith. It isn't based on what other people say, but what God Himself has said.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:06 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• (except that GW can be proven)

in the same way that the existence of God can be proven. On physical and historical evidence, experience and reason.
    Anonymous

• Cin, maybe thats the Government talking in your head, making you THINK there is a God...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2009