I have a question,something has been bugging for a long time. I have this sister-in-law that for some unknown reason doen't trust her husband and I talking alone somewhere. I mean were not hiding were still where people can see us. I mean what up with that? I don.t understand this!

Because with the other sister in law she's not like that. or anybody else for that fact.She's starting to piss me off right now. I mean were not flirting or all over each other, or making plans to go out somewhere. Were just laughing and telling stories like everybody else.I don't even think we like each other more than family or friends. At least I do, She's always looking at me like whats going on here? I'm like what were just here talking. And know everybody else knows how she is because they had been watching her. I don't know if my brother -in law is trustworthy or not but to me he's just a regular fun guy.what can I do to ease her mind? Can someone please tell me why she's like this? and what I can do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Either he's mentioned something about your looks, or that he thinks you're flirting, or she's jealous of you I'd guess (since she doesn't seem to mind anyone else talking to him).
    Me... I'd just try to get out of being there alone with him (as in you and he standing together even tho everyone else is still around the room). I'd include her in the chatting if possible.
    If not possible, I'd bluntly say "I see the looks she gives me when I'm talking to you, and I don't want any room for misunderstanding, and I'd walk away... that's just me tho.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:51 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• As you said you really and truly do not know if he is a trustworthy husband or not. I can tell you for a fact that a husband who is a trustworthy friend is not always a trustworthy husband. She is either suspicious of him potential activities or based on his past activities is concerned for their marital future. I'd talk with him near her since you say you don't like her only cause you think she doesn't trust you and him. Or could it be you, maybe she feels you've not been trustworthy in relationships with men that you've had? Just playing devil's advocate here. We're in our own shoes in life. We each are not behind closed door in other's relationships. Why feed her fire? If you're intent in fun then include her in fun.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:24 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Maybe she caught him checking you out. My old BF caught our boyfriends talking about my but ( I know classy right) anyway she didn't talk to me for a week and was so angry with me. Women get catty...If it really bothers her, just don't talk to him anymore than you have to.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Dec. 27, 2009

• *BF is best friend not boy friend...in case I confused you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Dec. 27, 2009