how soon after 16 week stillbirth can you get pregnant again?

We lost our little boy Dec. 23 we want another baby but we have no idea when to um begin to try to have another baby. I know my body has been through a lot I am just curious though.

SaphiraJFire

Asked by SaphiraJFire at 11:37 AM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My SIL lost her baby at 17 weeks back in May or June (baby was born alive, took a breath and passes) and she was told to wait at least a year before even thinking about trying. So sorry about your loss.
    Anonymous

• I am so sorry for your loss; I too lost a baby, a girl I named Elizabeth Noel, at about 16 weeks. In all honesty, I was told to wait at least six months to a year, but I was pregnant with my oldest son within 3 months. I believe he was sent by God, in His mercy, to help me deal with my grief. And, he did; as did my second son, born 12 months later. No child will ever replace the son you lost, but, another child does help you get on with your life ( at least, for me) I would follow your doctors advice, but, if you should become pregnant before then, just know that it caa and likely will, be okay.
    SeanandNoahsmom

Answer by SeanandNoahsmom at 12:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I am so sorry sweetie, that is terrible. Everything I have read and researched says that 3 months is the min time that you should wait before TTC that way your body has readjusted itself. Good luck, I hope everything works out for you.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• they say 3 months. ..because if you dont let your body heal you can do some massive damage (trust me, I know from experience, im VERY licky to have my 2 babies) you need to let your body heal a bit. . .
    Anonymous