Need a meatloaf recipe!!

Hi everyone! I am making meatloaf for dinner tonight and am looking for a new, yummy recipe. I always made it with ground turkey in the past (so let me know if you want the weight watchers recipe:) it is yummy) But promised the family I would make them a full fledged, non-weight watchers dinner tonight. So please, gimme your best :) We will be having 10 for dinner.

Also, I am serving with mashed potatos, green salad and a crusty bread.... any other ideas?

sandytoshiko

Asked by sandytoshiko at 12:07 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My family's favorite. 2lbs grd beef, 1 cup instant rice, 2 eggs, 8oz finely shredded cheese (cheddar, co-jack, cheddar-jack, etc, whatever you prefer), onions - dried or fresh, parsley, black pepper, and about half a cup of ketchup. Mix well, bake. Easily doubled or made into meatballs. Sometimes I also add sage, thyme, garlic...I season according to my mood! But my family loves it every time!
    Anonymous

• I use 2lbs beef 1 egg 1 cup or more of italian bread crumbs italian seasoning fresh garlic, worchestire (sorry can't spell it) salt pepper and 1 cup or more of whatever cheese I have usually mexican blend. If it is too mushy add more bread crumbs. I then serve it with savory beef gravy. It is super yummy, It's the only way I will eat meatloaf. Good luck and have a good meal.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:02 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I don't ever use ground beef for anything because of my own personal choices with all the recalls and everything. I do have a YUMMY ground turkey meatloaf recipe though, its my family's favorite meatloaf recipe ever. I will have to find the recipe but if you want it PM me and I'll get it to you. it's probably too late for tonight, but for future reference. And it is healthy lol. It actually comes from the Sparkpeople.com website.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:20 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Ground beef, bread crumbs, soy sauce or worchestershire sauce, egg, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Mix all together and put in a loaf pan. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. I have also chopped up onions and green peppers in the mixture. Shredded cheese is yummy in it too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2009