dizzy spells?

I'm pregnant with baby #2 and have been dizzy a few times. once i bent down and raised back up pretty fast and in the process i got so dizzy i about fell i had to grab onto something and take it easy and it went away but it scared me because that was the worst dizzy spell i have ever had.
Just wondering why do u have dizzy spells while pregnant and how many of you are going through it or had some bad ones?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did, but it was due to my blood pressure and/or low blood sugar (not diabetic).
    Anonymous

• when should i be concerned/worried about it? or should i go ahead and mention it to the dr? i am 15wks and i go back to the dr this week.
    Anonymous

• I would tell the doctor when you see her. It could be due to blood pressure changes, heart issues (my mom has a heart murmur that only shows up when she is pregnant, not a big deal) blood sugars, dehydration. You doctor will probably double check your blood pressure and listen to your heart and breathing. maybe do the blood sugar test, I don't remember when they do that. I know my blood sugar got normal when preggo, a little weird for me having low blood sugar normally. So get some of the low salt gatorade, try to rest more and stay off your feet. And maybe have an extra slice of meat at your next meal to help to stabilize blood sugar. That should help. I know this is the hard one but try and relax, stress will only make what ever the cause is worse. GL

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Dizzy spells are VERY normal during pregnancy. Just get up from sitting or bending and stuff slower. I've had them with all of my pregnancies. Also if you get dizzy out of the blue try eatting something, something with protein. You're blood sugar may be low. Can't hurt to mention it to your doctor, but dizzy spells are normal.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 27, 2009