Working at home

Do any of you work at home? If so, what kind of job do you do? I need to work after our baby is born, but I'm having major difficulties thinking about leaving our baby in the care of someone else, therefore, I'm exploring my options. Thanks for your help.

TP1283

Asked by TP1283 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• I work from home, I have been doing this for 4 yrs now I wouldn't go back
    to a outside job again!!!

I have my own home business as long as you have a phone and internet
    service you can too!

Right now there is a special going on its only $25.00 to join this month
    check out more information at:

http://iboplus.com/lhink

If you need more information just let me know.

~Linda
    Lindles

Answer by Lindles at 12:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• i've found too many scams to work from home. what i did after i had my daughter was work opposite shifts from my hub. he worked the business hours 7-5 and i worked 6-11pm
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:09 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I have some ideas listed on my Blog:  Mavi's Home Work.

Be sure to read the work at home article series from eHow.    Work at Home Article Series.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I work from home. I'm an office manager of a small consulting firm...I telecommute. I used to do 3 days in the office, 2 at home, then 2 at the office and 3 at home, but for the next 6 months or so, to save some money, I'm going to work from home full time and be a SAHM at the same time. I will tell you this...it is VERY hard. I have 2 kids, almost 5 and almost 3, and being a SAHM is hard enough, being a working mom is hard enough, now do both of them at the same time...I laugh when women get crazy about the 'mommy wars' - who has it tougher, etc.... They should be thankful they only have to do one of those roles at a time, lol. If you just have one child its way easier though...but be realistic, its quite a challenge.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:41 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I work for a company that allows me to key data entry from my home. I have been a WAHM for 10yrs now and it is not as easy as people seem to think-- it can be quite hard actually! I have kids at home who are constantly interrupting my work, outsiders (friends/family) will call or show up unannounced and disrupt my work, housework still needs to be done.... so somedays it can take 12hrs to key 6 hrs of work- depending on the interruptions, distractions and delays.
    Anonymous

• Working at home CAN be a great option for anyone, but like Anon said isn't as easy as most people think. You still have housework, food to cook, diapers to change and kids to supervise... And there are days that you try to work and get NOTHING done! But it CAN be done as many of us prove daily. I have been a work at home mom now for a few years and personally love it. But sometimes being home all day every day can get to be a bit trying. There are a few places you can check for work at home ideas... The first is my website www.ThisIsAP.com. This site will introduce you to my company, who we are, what we do and even how you can earn a great income. The second is Sabrina's Closet (also mine) and if you look under the Work At Home Jobs tab you will find a great list of companies that hire home based workers... the address for that is www.SabrinasCloset.info

Let me know if you have questions or need help!
    Good Luck!
    Sabrina

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:43 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:39 AM on Dec. 28, 2009