Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction/Pelvic Girdle Pain effecting labor and delivery?

I have SPD and am wondering if anybody else has/had it during pregnancy. I've been researching how it effects giving birth. Did it effect your delivery at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had it and up to 80% of pregnant women get pelvic girdle pain. The hormone relaxin makes ligaments stretchy. It works not only on your pelvis but all your ligaments. With my second child I started having problems with my feet and plantar fasciitis that the doctor blamed on relaxin. I'm now 53 and have been having feet problems off and on for 27 years.

I had a lot of back pain during labor but I'm not sure what it was from. I also had previous tail bone injuries, my uterus tips to the back, and my babies were all in a different than ususal position. All three of my births were unassisted vaginal with no pain meds. My third was a high risk pregnancy with induction.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• i had it last pregnancy, and this one. And i had no problems last pregnancy, im being induced tomorrow, so i'll let you know if it affects anything if you want.
    Anonymous

• I had it with baby #2 and had no issues with delivery. I had an epi so I dont know if I had more pain or not. I would think it would make pushing even easier because your pelvis is a whole lot more flexible with the cartiledge separated
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:53 AM on Dec. 29, 2009