How can you tell someone this & be nice about it? (read details)

I know someone whose breath & face smell like sh*t. Yes literally sh*t. How do I tell this person in a nice way that they smell like sh*t? This person even smells this way(only in the face) even after a shower, washing there face & brushing there teeth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• carry some gum in your pocket and when you see them, ask them if they would like a piece. If they ask if that's a hint.. just smile and say well would you like some or not?

I don't know.. I know a few people with this issues.. my boyfriend I just tell him to go brush his teeth.. other people I"m sure they get the hint cuz I"m no good at hiding the disgust on my face when they breathe on me. I'm sure it has something to do with being pregnant and being hyper-sensetive to smells too
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Sometimes people can have an intestinal blockage that is causing this odor on their breath. I don't think there really is a nice way to tell them, however. You might sit them down and just explain to them that they have an odor to their breath that you are concerned about.
    Anonymous

• maybe try googling those symptoms in webmd or something and if it comes up get it printed out and tell her. years ago one of my kids had a smell just like that to her breath when she was very sick. I agree with 1217anon that something serious could be wrong. Be reassuring that you'll help her make calls to be seen and you're still her friend. That this is about health all around more than just mouth care.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Tell them that you are concerned that something might be wrong with their health. That way they don't think you are judging but being concerned, offer to go to the doctor with them. Good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• sorry, forgot to say that when my daughter's illness of an intestinal virus was over, her breath was back to normal. Also I've read in dental columns that cinnamon gum can change bad breath to a better odor. And that a brand called Red .... something is a good brand. I'd still google the odor of sh- in mouth in webmd and if something comes up then talk body health with her more than just oral health.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• They could have bad gum infections...it needs to be treated by a Dentist and a Periodontist. It causes horrible breath and can damage your health. The infection is in the blood stream and can cause heart problems and diabetes. Read about it!!!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• maybe he has periodontal disease take him to the dentist LOL!
    Anonymous