what would you call yourself

do you consider yourself religious or spiritual or both---how would you answer the question and why.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Spiritual.

Because, to me, religious implies going to a church building and having set teachings and dogma and other such things that promote one way of thinking as the only way.

That isnt me. My spirituality comes from within and is a part of my soul and has nothing to do with rules and regulations and this, that, or the other.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Neither.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Both. My God is a "Spirit" and I desire to serve Him in spirit and in truth. I worship, serve, and reverence the Most High God and this is my "religion".
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 1:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Both. Religion can offer fellowship with other members of your church and that can help you grow spiritually.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I would say I'm spiritual, because I feel we have angels around us at all times, but I feel it's of those that we have loved and not just random angels... If that makes sense. I have felt this way since both of my parents have passed away. I guess it might be a way for me to cope with the loss of two wonderful people that I love and miss so much. I'm not religious because I don't practice a certain religion, or go to church.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I am both, I am a spirit being that lives for an everlasting God.....Most would say christian, I would say rebellious christian, due to the fact that my views don't line up with many other Christians.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 1:23 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I would say I'm more spiritual.
    I'm catholic, but I don't really practice the religion.
    I don't agree with some of the things that they would like most people to believe is "the right way" to live for God.
    ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 1:41 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I could say that I have a spiritual connection to my fellow human beings and the other living creatures on the planet. I only think it's because of simple biological happenings though, I don't think it's anything supernatural. I do not have a religion and I believe in no deities.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Spiritual, I have no religion other then christianity. I am being led away from how I was raised *SDA* and and am confused and hurt and angry so yay fun time!
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Spiritual
    Why? because i am on the wiccan path and i love it. I love being around nature, animals, i like gardening, cooking (kitchen witch). i look for help through my goddess. i dont like church or any religion. I dont consider being pagan a religion more of a spiritual path.
    Anonymous