dose my step son have rad ?

we have just been told my step son has attacmnet dicorder but i dono if its rad
he 8 and was neglected by his birth mum from birth till 4 when his dad got him
he will eat till he sick and is allways begging for food no matter what he eattin i been told this is becuase he was starved
he is hyperactive and very angery exspeshaly to his birth mum
he can't seam to help himselfs and dose things he know are wrong like wrights on the wall , he argues a lot , and will not look at u when he in truble or will gigle , he get over exsited very easy . and rushes everything , he has no sence of danger and will do daft thing like climb out on window cils yet he will cry if i bring the nail clipers out , or will make a big fuss about a paper cut yet will bang his head and have a big black mark and act like he dont feel it . he costaly wants adults to play or look at what he done he finds it very dificaly to play on his own . ect ect

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Common signs and symptoms of reactive attachment disorder

An aversion to touch and physical affection.
    Control issues.
    Anger problems.
    Difficulty showing genuine care and affection.
    An underdeveloped conscience.

From this website: http://www.helpguide.org/mental/parenting_bonding_reactive_attachment_disorder.htm#reactive

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• "he costaly wants adults to play or look at what he done he finds it very dificaly to play on his own . ect ect"

He needs to catch up on the love & affection he should have had as a baby. He did not get that, & it makes SERIOUS problems for the future of that child. Without love & affection at a young age, kids do not know how to act towards it. If they are not used to being super loved & cared for, then they will not know to treat others in a loving & caring manner.

Start by showing him LOTS of love, attention & caring words. He will eventually learn from THAT behavior. I know it can be hard when he is off the wall, but try to make some time for it, Like when he goes to bed, or when he wakes up try to make some snuggle & affection time for him. This child is suffering from lack of love as a baby, & someone needs to make up for that love & attention he never had as a baby.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:20 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• You just described my ss the first few years. Give him lot's of attention & love. Try to do a lot of one on one things. You should also have him tested for food sensitivities. Ask for a food panel Rast test for IgG. My ss used to behave just like your ss. Until we found out that he is highly sensitive, but not allergic, to wheat, eggs, cow's milk, & soy. We removed all these from his diet and now have a normal functioning child.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• he used to be lot worces he got loads better in last few years we just trying to fix out the last few problmes now but he also not seen his birth mum anymore but she fighting to see him she dose not care he not ready to see her .
    we even had the school phoneing to say how ace he doing he still need loads of help at school but this school year there coping with him thats a big change and when they ask him what he good at he can say thing like i'm good at my bike 2 years ago he say he was not good at anything it was so sad his birth mum always told him his sister where better than him . it breaks my heart how could a mother do that to her own son she neglected my step daughter to but she babys her in a bad way it hard to explane it like she niver wonts her to stop being a baby yet when she was a baby she left her in dirty nappy and douncy chairs all day untill she was 2 that when my dh got both of them he was 4
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2010