how do I make my husband understand that his life is with his wife now, not with his mom anymore. He seems to talk things out more with his mom rather than Me.I don't understand that?

Can someone help me understand that logic.Because I can't seem to comprehend it.I tried talking to him about a number of times. But he doesn't seem to think he's doing that. But believe me moms he is. any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• anon :08 - My sentiments exactly!
    Anonymous

• He'll settle in. I remember when men used to gripe about women clinging to mom after marriage. They finally get comfortable with the spouse and slowly let go. It will happen. He just needs time

Answer by admckenzie at 2:54 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• how time does he need wev'e been married for 15 years! lol.
    Anonymous

• You got married but that doesn't mean you are the only person in his life or that you must fill all roles. It used to be when a couple got married they lived near family and had many people in their lives. There is nothing wrong with him talking to his mother.

You may not have a lot of maturity if you think his life is you now. That may be why he talks to his mom, for her experience and wisdom. I think it would be in your best interest for your relationship with your husband and your mil to let it go and not make a big deal out of it.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Do you confide all of your deepest issues and questions ONLY with him? If not, I would.. and make a habit of it.. and I bet you will see him doing the same in return.
    Anonymous

• Well his mom was in his life before you, he knows for a fact he can trust her and her advice or he wouldnt ask for it. Be grateful he is talking to her instead of another woman. Just mostly he feels comfortable with her. He may feel judged or like it will be used against him if he tells you.
    Anonymous

• no I disagree with you all. Are you all sure you're all married? lol! If he is married I believe that his life now is with his new family. thats why he's married and moved out of the house, to start his new family. If he wants his mom living his life for him then I believe shouldn't have gotten married then.And still live at home with his mom.
    Anonymous