After miscarriage

I had a miscarriage starting thanksgiving and fully passing the following morning. I was 6 weeks, and only bled for a week. I went to the hospital had an ultrasound and they said I had a complete miscarriage. So no dnc thank God. I know im not supposed to have sex till my next cycle but we had sex after I had finished bleeding. And I had taken a hpt to see if the hormone had left the same day I stopped bleeding it came up negative so I knew it was all gone. Now about 2 weeks after I had taken the test I strated to get the same preg symptoms I had with the previous pregnancy. Now I NEVER get migraines unless im pregnant I had a migraine for 5 days straight this week.

My boobs hurt the same way they did my 2 previous pregnancies, nauseaus,tired, the works. Now today im spotting, with slight cramping, a slight headache. Is this normal after a miscarriage? My hormones still settling down still? Please im going crazy lol!

sariita

Asked by sariita at 2:56 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• truthfully i'm not 100% sure, but i would think your body is needing to get hormones straightened out. and i've also heard that you're crazy fertile after a mc (dont remember why, but i've heard it a lot). your cycle may also change for a few months after the mc so it could be AF already and you're having more sever pms symptoms since the shock to your system....personally i would take a month to let your body get back to normal....like if you BD use a condom until you start AF again. but thats totally up to you...i think it would just help to get healthy again b4 another baby.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• well I totally know what you're going through. I had my miscarriage in September and since then there were several times that I thought I was I even tested positive for tests. The doctor told me that my hormone levels weren't back to normal because I didn't have a DNC either and it takes up to or longer than 3 months before you are "normal". So its January and i'm finally able to actually try to get pregnant again. please update me
    swtpea07

Answer by swtpea07 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2010