Why are you obsessed with breastfeeding pictures?

Breastfeeding is great we know that. But why are some women so obsessed with showing everyone pictures of it?

What I am talking about is pics where the breast is more apparent than the baby. Not the pics where you can't tell.

Do you ever think about how your children will feel when they are older and there are all these pictures of them on the breast floating around? I'd be mortified if my mother had a Facebook or CM page and was devoting albums to me at 3 years old on her breast.

Not to mention all the pervs who get off on this. You are letting these pervs exploit your children and you. Yes it's their problem for being a sicko, but you are contributing to it.

And don't even start telling me about dirty ads and all that other stuff because I don't agree with that either. Stick to the topic, which is why are you so prideful, why don't you care about how your child will feel, and why don't you care about attracting pervs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Op here- And also spare me the "that is the purpose of breasts, they only have one purpose and you americans are sickos" crap because that's not true. Pick up a history book, or even the Bible and you'll see that breasts have a dual purpose and there's nothing wrong with that.
    Anonymous

• Maybe people should stop taking pictures of their baby's drinking from a bottle. Mind your business. BTW I never took a picture of my daughter nursing and I regret it. I will take tons of pictures of the new baby nursing.
    Anonymous

• It becomes my business when your pics are cluttering up my Facebook feed. You are right, it's not my business so kindly keep it to yourself.
    Anonymous

• because breastfeeding is no longer considered the "norm" in america. people don't see it very often, and because of this, they're uncomfortable when a woman is nursing her child near them. if people saw it all the time, they become acclimated to it, and they wouldn't even notice a woman nursing in public. but here in america, women are made to feel shamed and embarrassed by breastfeeding their children. in other countries, women nurse their children and don't give it a second thought. yes, breasts serve dual purposes, but their *main* function is to nourish their children, and that has become 2nd priority here
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 3:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Not many people put breastfeeding pictures that show a lot of breast in public places, even those of us that are breastfeeding advocates. A very small percentage of breastfeeding moms. I have one breastfeeding picture of me breastfeeding my now 26 year old son that someone else put in a public place and he doesn't care.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I think the OP is the only one with the problem. You have an issue. Deal with it. You don't like BF, that's YOUR problem.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I take it you didn't breastfeed? I don't have a single picture of myself breastfeeding my kids, I wish I did as it is an incredibly beautiful thing. Breastfeeding my children is by far the single thing I've done that I am the most proud of. I get why women post pics about it, its an amazing thing....that being said, I have seen very few pictures, not sure where you are seeing all of these pictures, but I am sorry that you find it offensive. Had you experienced the beauty of it, perhaps you would also see the the beauty of it in the pictures. If the bible says they have a dual purpose, not that I'm religious, why is it ok that we see them every single day all over the place in the way YOU deem ok, but not the other way? and fwiw, women post pics of their children all the time, NOT breastfeeding I mean, and guess what? Pervs get off on that too.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• when we have to see it..it does become our business and then we have to tell our four year old about it and maybe we aren't ready to do that...I agree with the OP and dont understand why someone would want a pic. of it- esp "a ton" why? I'll never ever understand
    Anonymous

• Who said anything about not liking breastfeeding? Did you read what was written? Why is it so hard to stick to the topic? Pride getting in the way? Or is it because it's easier to skim than read it in its entirety?

Anonymous

• you mean pictures like THESE ???

why are breasts so offensive to you? are you hiding from an underlying attraction to women?

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2009