What's the difference between Vanilla & french vanilla ice cream?

I'm Curious if anyone knows why there's so many vanilla ice creams? Regular Vanilla, French vanilla, vanilla bean, custard vanilla, home churned vanilla, home style vanilla Etc.. Anyone have an idea on this? What one do you prefer?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 3:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The way it's processed.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Ha, my husband asked the exact same thing the other day, I didn't have an answer. Maybe it has to do with using vanilla flavoring vs actual vanilla bean? no idea.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:50 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Different brands have their own versions/recipes. I live near the "ice cream capital of the world" and they also have new york vanilla. It's richer in flavor than regular vanilla.
    Anonymous

• I loooooooooove vanilla ice cream, it's got just enough vanilla flavor, other vanilla flavors are just way to over powering in to me, and vanilla bean-yuck just way to strong for me, french vanilla is just too blah in flavor and the others just don't taste right to me, I guess we all have our own unique taste and they are just trying to satisfy everyone

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• taste them and u tell us....lol
    Anonymous

• French vanilla has bits of the vanilla bean in it, custard has eggs in it. Home-churned is whipped longer.
    I don't care much for ice-cream, but my husband is a conosurre. I know I spelled that wrong but am too lazy to click on the editor! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Dec. 29, 2009