contractions at 30 weeks.

I am 30 weeks preg. with my second child. With my first, I did experience braxton hicks contractions irregularly until I delivered. The last few days, I have been having contractions somewhat regularly (sometimes over 5 an hour)- they range from slight tightening to somewhat painful (not as strong as labor pains). They go away for a few hours when I go to sleep - but have started up throughout the days and into the evenings since Thursday. I am experiencing fetal movement, etc. My midwives recommended to drink a lot of water and relax (not easy to do with a 2 year old). I am concerned because they start up each day and last for a significant amount of time (most contractions last from 1-2 minutes long and occur every 5-10 minutes). Should I go in- despite my midwives recommendations of only drinking water?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You don't want to risk your baby's health on the advice of a bunch of moms on cm. Call the midwives back, call the doctor, call the hospital. If you feel concerned go to the hospital.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:11 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• go to the hospital. it may be nothing but if it is something at least you are where you need to be. at least then, they will be able to monitor baby and tell you if you are good to go back home. people cant usually determine things over the phone its better to have a doctor look to see if you need to stay in the hospital.
    1sttimema_808

Answer by 1sttimema_808 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2009