Potty Training... When to start?

Our 13 month old daughter has had a potty since she was 9 months old. She has used her potty about 10 times now and she has also use out toilet a couple of times. I wanted to wait until the holidays were over to start training her, but now that the new year is here, I really don't have an idea about how to actually train her. Any suggestions?

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 4:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is she showing signs of wanting to go? Dont force it on her or it will make you and her both go nuts. When I started with my DS I just took him when I went and had him try.
    Nicsone

Answer by Nicsone at 5:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• She shows alot of interest in her own potty as well as when I have her in the bathroom with me. She's gone 2 times on her own.
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 6:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I put my boys on the potty chair whenever I had to use the bathroom. I tried to always drink water whenever they did so I would have a good idea of when they needed to go because I had to go. Sometimes, it works. Sometimes, it doesn't.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 7:09 PM on Dec. 27, 2009