Kindergarten?

Is your first child about to go into kinder? i do and it is nervracking.....what about you?

goodmamma

Asked by goodmamma at 4:50 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my DD turns 5 in April and she will be starting school in Augest. I can't wait, but at the same time I don't want her to go to school yet. I thought about homeschool, but she really wants to go to school so if that is what she wants that is what I am going to let her do.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• My oldest started Kindergarten this past August. It was a proud and sad time for me.... shortly after she lost her first 2 teeth... she will be 6 in 2 days.

But she LOVES school and is doing fantastic. She has really matured.

Once school starts - it's exciting to look thru her backpack at all the work she did for the day. I love hearing about her BFF. It's so much fun for her.

It is sad, nerve racking, exciting all wrapped up into one big package. Get involved as much as you can.... talk to the teacher (I go by and see her teacher about once every week or two, depending on what's going on.

Enjoy the next 8 months or so :-)
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 5:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• My daughter is 3-1/2 and will be starting either preschool or jumping right into kindergarten at our local Waldorf school next September. I'm actually not all that worried, VERY excited though!! Waldorf schools are a completely different form of education and are very homelike. We start our playgroup this January and she would have moved right into preschool (called Wondergarden in our school) but this session ends just a few weeks before the school year is over so it would be silly to put her in right then. She can hardly wait either!
    madelyns_momma

Answer by madelyns_momma at 10:09 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I've had 3 go through kindergarten already. My 4th is in preschool right now and will go again next year (2 days a week, 2 hours each day) and then start kindergarten in the fall of 2011. I didn't find it nerve racking with any of them. Just exciting. I couldn't wait for them to go
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• ditto as justanotherjen
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:47 AM on Dec. 28, 2009