how long would you wait to go back to work?

I just want opinions and if you have been in the same boat as i am, i want to know what you did. well i'm 23 and a newlywed. got married july 2nd and exactly 3weeks later i found out i was expecting unexpectedly. i was about 6weeks prego by that time. i haven't worked since a week before my wedding day (i did quit). my hubby is in the army but things haven't gone as smoothly as we hoped. At 9 weeks pregnant, they did an internal ultrasound to see if the baby was ok. it was.... at 20 weeks i got my second ultrasound of course... twins! now being at 27weeks and knowing that my husband will be deployed during most of the twin's first year i know i will have my hands full...literally. he said he wont expect me to work while he's gone but at the same time i dont know how long would be a good amount of time to wait to go back to work. i miss working too. my mom says wait 3 years. i dont think i should.what would you do?

1sttimema_808

Asked by 1sttimema_808 at 5:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• well with twins its hard i think you should just wait and see how you feel afterwards. who knows what is going to happen in 3yrs. who knows how u will feel after u have the babies. do u have a job lined up? do u have the kind of career that is in highdemand? can you do something from home? those are things to think about. and considering u have some time to think just think about different options. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• It's so hard to think that far ahead. Plus you will have your hands so full with two little ones, I can't even imagine when you will want to go back to work. If you go before they start kindergarten then you will need a job that pays enough to pay for both of them to be in daycare. I quit working when I had my 2nd because I couldn't afford to pay for them both to be in daycare. You will be so busy with play dates and taking care of the family in general that you may not see how you can fit a job into the mix too. With your husband being deployed and the possiblities off further deployments you may want to be home and available to him. There are so many factors and scenarios right now that you can't possibly even begin to guess what will happen.
    Something that you could do is start a babysitting service for the other military wives. You can babysit in your home and help another mom out at the same time.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• If you do not need to work, don't. Stay with your baby's, enjoy them, get to know them. At least until they are 1 year old. If you do need the money and you have family that can take care of the twins, then its up to you.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 4:44 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• oooppss,,, i meant stay with your baby's..
    alejandra559

• Your children will need you much more between the ages of 12 and 18, than when they are babies. Now is the time to establish your career and get a strong start on retirement and college savings.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:32 AM on Dec. 28, 2009