If you've been cheated on in a marriage, was it more than once or was finding out as a marital partner the pain caused by cheating a less well learned? And how long were you married when the cheating happened and how long are you married now? I'm asking about fidelity with one marital partner, not with an ex.

I'm just wondering if most moms whose husbands have cheated during their marriage have ever had it be just once in reality. And cheating I mean your husband's either had sexual relations with another woman. Or that your husband's had an emotional flirting affair without your absolute knowledge of that relationship involving the sex act.

lfl

Asked by lfl at 5:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• its been 5 months so i cant say if he learned his lesson.. we been together almost 6 years...
    Anonymous

• My dh cheated on me while we were engaged. Some people might think that cheating while engaged is no big deal. I consider it a very big deal. He did it while he was on his 6 week ADT. At the time, he was a Marine reservist. I was very upset with him. I gave him another chance. He drops our kids off at school, is home by 5:30 p.m., and is home all weekend. If he goes somewhere, it is usually with our kids or as a family. We will be celebrating 15 years of marriage in April and we hope to have many more.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 6:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Some men who cheat do it once and never do it again. There are some good books out there that show that those marriages are stronger and last if he is truly remorseful and stops. It's a great time for communication and both can learn from the experience. As for me, I left. I tried to believe he'd stop but he couldn't so I left. Some men just have a sexual addiciton. I got tired of him bringing me std's and women calling me saying he got them pregnant.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:07 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Well for me so far its been once, and that was about 4 years ago, almost 5. We had been together 9 years at that point and this year (2010) will be 15 for us. (sorry, guess you could have done that math on your own.) I don't see it happening again, as far as an affair. I just think that if it gets to that same point again, he would divorce me long before that. On the other hand, as a wife, I am trying not to make the same mistakes that I did last time either. If he tells me he needs help or he feels like we are missing something, I will believe him far more readily than I did last time.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 8:24 PM on Dec. 27, 2009