what do you put on your fajita

i want to cook fajitas tonight Im using the tyler florence recipe off food network. I want to try the quacomole but scared it may not taste good...whats your favorite topping or if you have a good recipe feel free to leave that too LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I like them with either beef strips or chicken strips instead of ground beef. For the sauce I use Paul Newman's Chianti tomato sauce with browned onions and peppers in it and cheddar cheese and chopped up lettuce on it with a little sour cream. I know it sounds weard but it's really good not too spicy just a bit tangy!!!!! The rest of my family loves it the usual spicy way.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 6:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• My favorite fajitas are actually made out of tri-tip roast. You mix up a fajita marinade (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Tangy-Fajita-Marinade/Detail.aspx) and marinate a 2 or 3 lb tri-tip roast in it for 8-12 hours. Heat a charcoal (or gas) grill and then grill the whole roast for about 30-45 minutes depending on how well you like your steak cooked. Cut an onion and some bell peppers into strips and toss them in the marinade, then throw them on the grill til they are softened. Heat some tortillas right on the grill. Slice the roast very thin. Put some of the roast, some peppers and onions on the tortilla. Top with sour cream, cheese, and guacamole. Roll up and eat!

AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I like steak or chicen strips. I like it cooked with garlic, minced chiles, onion, green and red pepper strips. Serve on tortillas with cheese, diced tomatoes and guacamole. Tyler's guacamole recipe is really good, BTW.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:54 PM on Dec. 27, 2009