HELP! How do you get a red wine stain out of a new white sweater?

I just got a white sweater from my DH for Christmas. Wore it to a bridal shower today at a winery. Spilled some red wine on the sweater. Came home and tossed it in the washer with the new Tide Stain Release. The stain did NOT come out, and it turned BLUE!!! What do I do NOW?

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 6:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• The best thing I can think of is to use club soda when the stain happens. I am so sorry this happened to you! Give the club soda a try anyway and DO NOT put the sweater in the dryer!! The heat will set the stain. Good luck!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Oxy clean works great for that, make a paste out of it put it on the stain for a few hours rinse and repeat. Good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Oh my Friend I'm So sorry! Do you have any Ivory Bar soap or fels naptha to rub on it? Just a thought! I sure hope you get that stain out!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• bleach
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Stain Rx is the best stain remover out there. I have been using it on red wine stains since 1969. Just touch it to red wine, iodine, berries (INCLUDING POMEGRANATE), fruit punch, cranberry juice, and the stains disappear in a second. Stains such as mascara, lipstick, blood, balsamic vinegar, vanilla extract and others come out whit a little massaging and rinsing. Soak your diamond, gold and platinum jewelry in it for 20 minutes to overnight, you won’t believe it!
    By the way, the University of California – Davis did a study on red wine stain removal and the #1, ready to use winner was Stain Rx (a.k.a. Erado-Sol). It killed Wine Away which is available everywhere. Go to www.StainRx.com to see what else it does.
    Haakee16

Answer by Haakee16 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 6, 2010