Do i get preganant when i am in my period and having sex?

according to my DR my due date is on Feb. 19 2010. the first day of my last period was on may 14 2009. i had sex when i was on my period. i think from may 14 to 23 is the safest time not to get preganant after that i had a couple of times. my question is if somebody make sex during her manestration period does she get preganant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not always. you usually ovulate 2 wks aftyer mesntruation but. doctorsdo count them for example. i hjad my last period june 18-2008 and my due date was march 19. 2009 thats 40 wksm theyu odnt count form the time you conceived but form the time you had your last mesntrual
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• they count from the first day of ur period because thats the beginning of your cycle and ur body getting ready for a pregnancy..takes about two weeks for it to build up all the nutrients and w/e in ur uterus..then the realse of ur egg..and then 2 more weeks for ur body to figure out if the egg has been fertilized..and if it hasnt..then ur next period comes :)
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 6:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• you CAN get pregnant whlie on your period. .its just very rare.
    Anonymous

• I have a friend that can only get pregnant when she is on her period.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 6:54 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• It just depends on when you ovulate, it can change monthly. It is possible to ovulate on your period, it happens.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2009