Most Annoying "creative" names?

I am all for creative names and some creative spellings, but there are some pretty funky misspelled names out there and I think "Poor kid!". There are other names that get on my nerves because what was once a pretty and unique name has become overused. What are some names that you find yourself rolling your eyes at when you hear them?

I roll my eyes at Nevaeh... At what point do you stop spelling words backwards and calling them names? And I have seen Espn. Ok dad, we get that you like sports but it's not even a name!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The number one most annoying 'creative' name I have come across is Neveah. I find it uncreative in any way. The funkified spelling of common names just makes life difficult for kids....IN MY OPINION. Point in case...my sister was 'creative' with names...and both her sons legally changed their names at 18 because they had been subjected to merciless teasing. I would just ask parents to think about it from a kids view point.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Espn is better than Nevaeh. Yuck.
    Anonymous

• A woman I know was "creative" and her son is Stannllee instead of Stanley. I really don't like it!! And that backwords thing is getting out of hand!! I have never heard of a Nevaeh but there's a girl in my daughter's class names Legna and a boy in her soccer team named Nedlog (lucky for him they call him Ned). I hate that backwards thing.

When my daughter was born I wanted to be creative too. Thankfully, her dad wanted dd to be named Mary Katherine, after his grandmother, so my daughter is Mary-Kate!! I only love it because it's my daughter's name though!! I don't like common names but I TOTALLY prefer common than some yucky uncommon!!
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 6:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I LOVED Nevaeh when I was younger..I thought it was unique and uncommon..and then..about 5-6 years later its became the Most used name and people spell it 50 billion different ways.. ahh annyoning..I hate when ppl just pulls name outta the air.. my friend wants to name her son solomon and her daughter ellucide..im like wat? Seriously..weird..lol idk im all for unique names but sometimes ppl take it way to far :)
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 6:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I used to work at an insurance agency. The parents of identical twin boys gave them the same name with a slightly different spelling. It was such a hassle for everyone, including the police. I remember thinking, "Couldn't you have been a little more original like giving them different names?".
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 6:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I used to work at an insurance agency. The parents of identical twin boys gave them the same name with a slightly different spelling. It was such a hassle for everyone, including the police. I remember thinking, "Couldn't you have been a little more original like giving them different names?"

lol

I had two classmates when I was a kid and they were identical twin girls. One was Steally and the other one was Stellie. When we graduated high school Meagan changed her name into Stephanie. She just wanted a common name, yet unique in HER house!! lol
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 6:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• i met a woman once and her name is Deborah, simple, right? well, when i called her name, she got upset with me and told me that its pronounced Dey-bow-rah. Why would you want to mess your name up like that. I'm the opposite, my sons name is Ryan, as simple as it goes.
    Anonymous

• My ex SIL naming her daughter "Ashalee" but it's pronounced like "Ashley" and my ex SIL's name is "Stacey" but spelled "Stasy".
    Another named I am soooo totally burned out on is "Aiden" anyway it's spelled. there's soooooooooooooooooooooooo many named that and "Logan". There's 6 "Logan's" in our neighborhood and 8 "Aiden's" with all different spellings!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 6:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I hate when parents give their twins similar names. My neighbour has boy/girl twins and their names are Fredy and Freda. And I know a woman with identical girl twins named Alyssa and Allison. Gees! They're identical, give them something different from each other!
    Anonymous

• I hate names that seem like the parent just looked at the first thing they saw when they opened their eyes and thats the name. Ie APPLE, SPARROW, ELM you know randomness.
    I also hate it when people butcher names. My aunts ex husband named his daughter Emily but spelled M'illee A girl I worked with in High Schools named was Lucy spelled Loosey I'm not even kidding she got made fun of constantly. It makes you look like you just cant spell. Or names that are butchered into random words. I knew a kid named Cole but it was spelled COAL and another kid named Jason spelled JAY-SUN. Its just a hassle for the kids.
    Anonymous