Why the drama over PA? Don't you people worry about....

Where our tax dollars go? Or WHY the government spends $600,000 for advertizing a blimp over football games to advertize metlife insurance or they spend millions on the hill for frivoulous spending.

They actually wanted to re-sod the Washington Monument area with new grass, congess did not pass that bill. I guess they got Scotts Miracle grow and spread it out!

MILLIONS are wasted every year......and think about it. When IF EVER god forbid alot of you whom claim you have this perfect life in the little box of which you live..remember don't throw stones at glass houses.....your house may fall next like mine after the medical bill and death of a child was near $550k. Still owing and paying for it though she is gone, 25 yrs later.

But our goverment can waste YOUR tax dollars AND mine after paying into them for 40 yrs, and no one complains about that, but if a Mom/family needs PA help...they are every name in the book?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You are right lady.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• READ this......and see how our lovely government wastes our tax dollars, and then bitch and moan about those whom are in NEED of public assistance, not WANTING it.

Pray you are never in the situation I was in with a sick child, medical bills sky high.........and our government wastes OUR money every day when MY taxes paid for people to get assistance.

Who am I to bitch? I still owe half a million not covered......what do you owe?

READ this......and see how our lovely government wastes our tax dollars, and then bitch and moan about those whom are in NEED of public assistance, not WANTING it.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Budget/bg1840.cfm#_ftnref1

Stop complaining and be thankful YOU yourself are NOT on PA.......and not worry about those whom are......it could be you like it was for us.

Anonymous

• Im the OP

We had it rough, not easy and my husband made too much for us to be on PA. It would have helped today if she were alive and we had to do it all over, though we still would have made too much, but back then we did not cheat the system and lie.....we're still paying on her medical, just cause she passed does not mean the bills are gone!!!

For all of you ON public assistance, Im sure you did not apply if you did not NEED it and you bust your butt like others do and make under the amount before they cut you off. It is NOT easy. How well I know.

Yep, I sat in my glass house too and made fun of many.......karma is a bitch I can say this and I just pray none of you HAVE to get on PA......I was never on it, and if I were it wouldnt bring her back.

Be thankful for what you have. Don't worry about people on PA, cause you just never know......look at our economy now.
    Dont belittle people you know nothing about.
    Anonymous

• Why the rant? You're so pissed off. My friend's son has cancer and they too owe over half a million in medical bills. It's terrible. I'm sorry for your loss. Did I miss the post with people bitching about PA? If you need it, you need it. I agree about the lazy and unproductive people though, collecting year after year. I am not sitting in my glass house throwing stones. From an educated standpoint, people just should suck the system dry. JMO.
    Anonymous

• OP here

I do agree with you Anon 6;36pm a bit. PA is a temporary help. We sure could have used the medical but the healthcare system is not the same THEN as it is now either.

So many DO abuse it and I say Im saying it is OK for our Government to carry on and on doing to each and every day and the people get by with it in Washington? They should investigate, but then there just is not enough people or resources to check on the abusers. In DC or on PA. They know who they are. Some times desperate times cause for desparate measures but I do not believe in abusing the PA system. MANY DO NEED IT!

******The earned income tax credit (EITC) provides $31 billion in refundable tax credits to 19 million low-income families. The IRS estimates that $8.5 billion to $9.9 billion of this amount—nearly one-third—is wasted in overpayments.*******

BILLIONS.....NOT MILLIONS!!!

Anonymous

• There was a post regarding some one on public assistance. Alot of greedy people on it, not being productive and collecting it every month and it hurts those whom do need it I'm sure. Not on it myself, but it should be MADE temporary. So many programs to help people with jobs with disabilities or not so if people are not working when they apply they should make them earn the right to have some help. It is tough out there for sure.
    I am a single Mom with no support and just thankful I don't need of any help. Should I need it ? I wonder if I'd get it. I do not live in a glass house either but don't make fun of those on pa help. I think there should be a limit of 6 months about like workmans comp or which ever has a time frame. I think there is help to get jobs while on pa and most get lazy not wanting work.
    Anonymous

• I have medicaid for my ds, and my DH and I both work full time. We can't afford insurance for our ds through our employer. I'm definately not trying to "abuse" the system but until we have better healthcare insurance options for our son through our emloyer we need it just for him.
    Anonymous

• Sure I complain about the government spending, when so many are struggling just to make ends meet. However, it is unfair that some on PA use this as a lifestyle, with no attempts of finding employment. The system has made this too easy for some.
    Anonymous