What's ur kids' worst accidents?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well my son was pushed down when he was 3 at my daughter's school, hit his mouth on a solid wood floor and split his bottom lip in two. Had to have 8 stitches to close it. I can't do blood or needles. My oldest slammed her own hand in the car door and broke a finger. And fingers crossed none so far with the 3 yo old.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I just want you to know that this question kind of has scared the heck out of me. My kids have been relatively lucky in that department and now I am wondering when the other shoe will fall.

We thought once (when my parents were staying with us) that my son got into her purse and took one of her high blood pressure pills. We took him to the ER and they monitored him for awhile, but he was fine. He also cut his lip on my razor in the bathtub, at an age when I thought he was old enough to know better, but it stopped bleeding just in time for the ER dr. to tell us he didn't need stitches. Even the car accidents we've been in, we've been very lucky with. Honestly, the absolute worst was when he was born and was in distress. My daughter has been remarkably accident free, and I need to go find a piece of wood to knock on now. LOL
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 8:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• 18 m9nths ago my son jumped down a flight of steps and hit his mouth on the floor, he cracked his front tooth in two. He recently had a root canal because the injury killed the tooth.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• This has been awhile ago (23 years),my youngest son was spending the night with a friend and they had a party.Not a good idea.....Anyway problems developed and a shotgun was brought out and my son was shot.The slug went through his left thigh breaking the bone and fragments continued on into his right leg.He spent from August to October in traction,and from then until December in a full body cast at home.In December he was put in a walking cast.Thanks to God and good Doctors he can walk.This was the worst accident that any of my 4 kids were ever involved in.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 9:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• DD#1 was 2 1/2, almost 3, when she climbed onto the dining room table, slipped, and fell. She fractured the back of her skull and had to stay in ICU for a week until the swelling in her brain went down and they were sure her brain wouldn't bleed. She now suffers from seizures and migraines.
    DD#2 has never had an accident any worse than a papercut...lol.
    DD#3 has had to have stitches several times. The first time was when she kicked at the ladder on the bunkbeds and it fell right on her face. She had stitches above her nose for that one. She reached in behind one of those electric baseboard heating units to get a toy and sliced the pad of her pinky finger down to the bone. She's fallen and hurt her legs lots of times at school. She's accident prone like her mommy.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• The worst out of my 4 kids was my youngest riding her toy car down the basement stairs. She was 23 months and busted her face all up...black eye (which swelled shut a few days later), huge goose egg, scrapes on her nose and forehead. But other then that she was fine. When we got to her she just kept screaming that she "fall down the basement." I think my son was more traumatized. He was 6 1/2 at the time and down in the basement getting his laundry when she fell. He saw the whole thing and couldn't do anything to stop her or help her. He was screaming for someone to help, all hysterical. I thought he was the one that got hurt.
    But 4 kids and we've never had stitches and only 1 ER visit (for a dislocated elbow when my son was 2 1/2) and 1 urgent care visit (my middle daughter sliced her foot open on a piece of glass in our yard this summer, she was 6 1/2 but no stitches for it).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• my 4 y.o. has barely even gotten a scraped knee.. lol... my 2 y.o. is another story. He is SO clumsy. Luckily, the worst thing that has happened to him was a bloody nose and mouth. He ran (full force) face first into a table edge.. His mouth bled for about 30 minutes. My daughter is only 5 months... so, no accidents with her..
    Bree0922

Answer by Bree0922 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Well, when my son was 8 or so he was finally learning to ride a bike. He wrecked then slid on the pavement, roadrash from forehead to chin.
    My daughter ends up with little scrapes and sprains, but my youngest had a nasty fall last summer.
    We were at the playground where he made a frind. They were chasing eachother when my 3 yo slipped and landed on his face at the end of the slide.
    His mouth took the brunt of the blow, his front teeth were loose and bleeding. After a trip to the dentist he is fine with only minor discoloration in his left ft tooth.
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 10:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• When my oldest was 5 we sold our home and were moving into housing. Well we had both the front and back door open which we learned was NOT a good idea. The back door slammed shut right on his fingers  Luckily NO damage done whew!!
    And my youngest had 10 stitches on her eyebrow when she was 4, from falling onto the brick fireplace surround. Which I was pretty shocked and p’oed because I spent a fortune on guards for that area and they obviously didn’t work.
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 2:04 AM on Dec. 28, 2009