how can I ease the pain and itch of the shingles

I came down with the shingles about the same week of christmas , or the week before. How can I ease the pain and itch of them? To they seem to be spreading . The doctor gave me medicine for it but it is spreading. If anyone can please help, thanks.

smiley78172

Asked by smiley78172 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Health

• L-Lysine supplement will help it heal up way faster and stop the spread. Keep taking the anti-viral the doc gave you.

Oatmeal baths can help. Just grind some up dry in the blender then put it in the warm tub with you. Aveeno makes an oatmeal bath solution the drug store sells. Calamine lotion might help too.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• http://www.amazon.com/Domeboro-Astringent-Solution-12-packets/dp/B0000Y3C9C

There is a product called "Domeboro Astringent Solution", you can find it at CVS or any drug store. Ask the Pharmacist if you can't find it. My hubby had then and his doc recommended it. You make up the solution and put it on a cloth the make a compress. The hubs said it definitely felt better when he used it. Feel better soon!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:24 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Valtrex oral meds and Zovirex antibiotic cream or ointment (cant recall which one) to use about every 4 hours.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 1:47 AM on Dec. 29, 2009