how long should i wait to bf

I had half a margarita from red robin about 20 min ago. I never felt any effects from it. When should I be able to breastfeed her again?

mom06and09

Asked by mom06and09 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 30 minutes to 1 hour is good. less if it took you a while to drink it and you ate recently. no need to pump and dump either.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 7:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• what amilee said is about what I would wait.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• ive herd 2 things, if u can drive then its safe to nurse, and for every beer on hour.. try kellymom,its a breastfeeding site
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:02 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• One drink is no biggie. Heck...a couple drinks is no biggie. Very little if any alcohol will end up in your breast milk. You may find baby is more acidic and spits up a little more after the next feeding or two but you don't need to wait at all. If you go out for a night of crazy drinking, I would suggest pumping and dumping when you get home but one margarita is cool.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• yeah that was being a responsible mom. did u just want 2 c how the baby acted drunk? why bf if u want to be a drunk?
    Anonymous

• Ignore Anon :10... what an idiot!

You were safe to nurse when you posted this. Safe to drive, safe to nurse. Typically you want to nurse right before having a drink and then you should be good to go by the next time baby needs to eat (for one drink).
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 10:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Right away. Safe to drive, safe to nurse.

If you haven't joined us over on the breastfeedingmoms group, please do...the Answers section is great for some things but the breastfeeding information you can get here is pretty spotty and sadly all too often dead WRONG.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it...

Answer by rkoloms at 10:27 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I did nurse right before I ordered the drink. I had heard the safe to drive safe to nurse thing but wanted to double check.
    mom06and09

Answer by mom06and09 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 28, 2009