Some people have told me sex gets better the further along you get. I'm 22 weeks and even the thought of intimacy with my husband is repulsive. Is this common or is there more to it i'm overlooking?

anna_mxm

Asked by anna_mxm at 7:07 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My response is not meant to be vulgar. I'm pregnant now and as with my first pregnancy I'm not really into sex. I do however masturbate more...pretty much every day before my afternoon nap, it helps me sleep.

Anonymous

• I never liked sex while I was pregnant. Some women get all horny. But not all of us do.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 7:11 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Honestly, it's different with every woman. I was super horny my first and second trimester and wanted sex all the time. Then when I was in my 3rd, I wanted nothing to do with it. I was so huge and it was uncomfortable and yuck!

If you aren't wanting to have sex with your husband because you just don't feel like it or it's uncomfortable or painful, then that's ok. But if you are worried about your body, don't be. Women are BEAUTIFUL when they are pregnant. And the sex is better when you're pregnant....more blood flowing down there. More intense orgasms, if you ask me.

But remember: Like a week before your due date you should have sex everyday to help thin out your cervix so the baby will come sooner.

Good luck!
    Born2BAMommy5

Answer by Born2BAMommy5 at 7:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• It varies from woman to woman and even from one pregnancy to the next. With my DD, I was SUPER into it! We had sex AT MINIMUM, once a day. Sometimes many times in one day. And I was just as horny at 42 weeks (dd was born at 42w 2d)!
    This time, I've wanted nothing to do with sex, for the most part.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I hated sex with my first pregnancy and loved it with my second. Either response is normal.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I wanted sex all the time until the end of my 2nd trimester. I got to the point where I was so big it was uncomfortable and more of a hassle than anything, I was just so tired and my belly was always in the way. We did start doing it alot though towards the end (like 36-37 weeks) to help thin out my cervix because I knew I was going to be induced early. By the time I got to the hospital to be induced I was already 4 cm.
    allison984

Answer by allison984 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Oh boy this is tough, and truth is alot of HUSBANDS or boyfriends don't even want to have sex while their wife/gf is pregnant. I personally haven't wanted sex at all during the entire pregnancy, nor wanted to "get off" either. I was really sick the first 4 months, then I was just exhausted, and I just didn't have any interest. My husband doesnt want to either b/c now that I am huge he feels weird and doesnt want to "hurt" the baby even though its actually perfectly safe. Just now at 38 weeks I am sort of finally missing it now. We've only had sex maybe 5 times during the whole pregnancy and the bigger I got the more weirded out my hubby got. I am not pressing the issue, after the baby comes and I am ok'ed by the doctor to have sex again, then i am sure we'll get back to having regular sex (if time permits!! LOL). I wouldnt sweat it girl, not all women and men want sex during pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• Oh God... I had a little boy first, then a baby girl (she went to heaven) then another girl. With the boy, I loved sex, all the time more than before I was pregnant. With the girls, the thought of sex was repuslive, it never changed, the farther I got, the more I didnt want to have sex! ha
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• This is my first pregnancy and I am 28 weeks. Before I got pregnant we had sex pretty much everyday then in the 1st trimester I always felt sick and wanted nothing to do with it. After I started feeling better I just realized I wasn't into the sex and it personally doesn't feel the same as it did before. I feel terrible for my BF and hope the good sex will come back soon.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 11:23 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Thanks! I feel so bad for my husband because he'll just pout sometimes when I don't want to.. then I feel obliged because i'm his wife. I'm praying the good stuff will return! And I thought it was weird I still enjoy masturbation but not sex. I just didn't know if it was due to this craziness called pregnancy or what. Thanks ladies!
    anna_mxm

Answer by anna_mxm at 1:51 AM on Dec. 28, 2009