So I am 3 1/2 months pregant and I am not showing at all. I just got some maternity cloths for christmas, they seem to be a little big. will they be able to last my whole 9 months. how do you know what size to buy. sence you don't no how big you will get.

tommygirl_jmg

Asked by tommygirl_jmg at 7:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• honestly, you have no idea how big you will get so there is no guessing. I got a maternity dress in May to wear to a wedding in September and I still didn't have a big enough belly to fill it on my due date... it all depends on how you are built
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• It will just depends on your frame and build and also the manufacturer of the clothes some run smaller and some run bigger it is a crap shoot good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I buy them as I go along. There is no way to know in advance. I didnt show AT ALL at 22 weeks. But I blew up over night. Now at 37 weeks, I had to buy new clothes cause NONE of my maternity clothes fit. I've only gained like 15lb but it's ALL belly so it sticks straight out. It was the same with DD, I was due in 2 weeks and out buying new clothes because I had NOTHING to wear!!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I just bought things as i went along and what I could find in the sale items.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I shopped Old Navy and Gap maternity since 11 weeks (when I couldnt fit into my regular jeans comfy anymore.) Theyre great and you just get your normal size and the band grows with you. Some of the stuff looks better now that I am 39 weeks LOL. Get the low waist band at first and then from like 6 months to now at 9 months I had the full panel waist. I would recommend them to everyone, plus you're not breaking the bank either! =) Good luck huN!
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• i first bought maternity pants at about 19 weeks because my regular ones hurt, but I could still wear them through 28 weeks as long as i didn't have to sit down lol. the shirts have been the frustrating part. i didn't really start to show until about 22 weeks or so, and all the shirts that I bought then are too short now. but I only have 2 weeks and a couple days left so I am not buying any more maternity clothes.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:41 AM on Dec. 28, 2009