Why keep doing it after we asked you to stop?

My dd's name is Sabreena. My SIL and MIL insist on calling her Bean or Beans. My dh and I both hate it and have asked over and over for them to stop. I think it is a repulsive nickname, and it makes me instantly angry when they do it. Why won't they stop? Also why that nickname? What do you think of the situation?

truealaskanmom

Asked by truealaskanmom at 7:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Is she constantly gassy? My wireless keyboard is acting up so please excuse the spacing! I would suggest on a mutual nickname!? Brena or Bree??? Some ppl are just anal retentive and you have to excuse them as being as such! But perhaps they're doing because it annoys you!?
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I know a Sabina and a Sabreena. Both are called Beana or Beaner. I think its just the nickname that goes along with the name. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• We spelled her name that way so that they could call her Bree, and Breena is fine. No she isn't gassy they have been doing it since she was a newborn like they think it is a term of endearment like pumpkin or honey. It rubs off onto other who will start calling her it too it makes us both nuts. I don't think they are doing it to annoy me but hell they could be.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Take it as a term of endearment. We all have nick names (in my family) that only close family or friends use. My sis still calls my son binky even though he's almost eleven and stopped using a "binky" years ago. Annoys the hell out of me but she loves him to death so I take it with a grain of salt.
    magoogie

Answer by magoogie at 7:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I do try but it really bothers me, I just think it is an ugly name and doesn't give warm and fuzzies of endearment. Why can't they come up with another nickname?
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• My name is Sabrina and most people call me Beaner, Breenie, or something has has nothing to do with my name lol. I don't think anyone has ever called me Brina to be honest with you :(

Anonymous

• It's probably become a habit for them. I doubt they are trying to anger you.... Unless you plan to growl at them every time it happens I suggest you ignore it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 8:44 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• i think you should let the kid make up her mind if she likes her nickname...it's hers after all.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Is she ok with it? If so, let it go. It's not worth fighting over. Pick your battles. If it bothers her then have her tell them she'd rather them not call her that.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• She is only 18 months so she doesn't even know about it, she doesn't answer to it .

truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:23 PM on Dec. 27, 2009